Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I'm looking to get down to Boone and run this truck for my first time. I'll be in my '19 Ranger. Anyone interested in joining me for the whole loop?

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I'm looking to get down to Boone and run this truck for my first time. I'll be in my '19 Ranger. Anyone interested in joining me for the whole loop?
I'd be interested in at least half of it. Not sure I can commit to the entire length at the moment though.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

No I've not personally. I've done a lot of research on it (pre-covid) but not sure if it's still up to date.
Same, I got the map off here and into Gaia but still trying to decide the best place to start.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Same, I got the map off here and into Gaia but still trying to decide the best place to start.
From my experiance from trails that loop there really isn't a bad place to start or stop. Just depends on what you want to get to first. Let me dust off my old notes on the DBBB. There is a fair amount of Pavement on the loop too if I recall correctly so we can start on one of those areas possibly. @Hattyz you may interested in this.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Before I forget to ask @HoosierT. Is your truck stock? And I guess my second question is do you plan on camping on this run? Maybe a one night trip?

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Might be up for another adventure down there. My LC100 series buddy (@dwaynetheriverrock) and I have run the DBBB a few times this past summer. It's a lot of fun and definitely worth the trip. Keep us posted on the details and I'll see if he is up for it also.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Before I forget to ask @HoosierT. Is your truck stock? And I guess my second question is do you plan on camping on this run? Maybe a one night trip?
I do plan to camp. I’d like to drive down Friday after work and camp and drink some beer then get up and hit the trail since it’s a 4 hour drive down for me. I also plan to camp Saturday night and head home Sunday afternoon. I might have a buddy coming as well who has a semi-built Sport Trac.
My truck isn’t stock.
185AB6A9-EE12-4D0D-ADAB-2225CDFE74AA.jpeg

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Might be up for another adventure down there. My LC100 series buddy (@dwaynetheriverrock) and I have run the DBBB a few times this past summer. It's a lot of fun and definitely worth the trip. Keep us posted on the details and I'll see if he is up for it also.
Heck yea man, I’d love to meet some new people so it’d be awesome if you guys can come. My plan is in the above response to SJO.

Reactions: DK4Runner

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I do plan to camp. I’d like to drive down Friday after work and camp and drink some beer then get up and hit the trail since it’s a 4 hour drive down for me. I also plan to camp Saturday night and head home Sunday afternoon. I might have a buddy coming as well who has a semi-built Sport Trac.
My truck isn’t stock.
View attachment 179051
Looks great! My truck is mostly stock still. Lift is 6 months out because of my budget. And okay I can plan on at least one night. 18th-20th would be ideal for me.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Looks great! My truck is mostly stock still. Lift is 6 months out because of my budget. And okay I can plan on at least one night. 18th-20th would be ideal for me.
We’ll have plenty of recovery gear either way so I can’t imagine we’d have any issues.
I’m not opposed to moving it to that weekend. I was just trying to get out before the holidays hit.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
We’ll have plenty of recovery gear either way so I can’t imagine we’d have any issues.
I’m not opposed to moving it to that weekend. I was just trying to get out before the holidays hit.
I understand completely and if it works best for the majority of the group for a different weekend it's not a problem. I'm off work next week starting on Thursday but have plans Friday night. Thankfully I'm 4 hours away too so should be a quick trip down in the Morning.

*EDIT* Apparently I'm only 3 hours away so even better!

Last edited:

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I understand completely and if it works best for the majority of the group for a different weekend it's not a problem. I'm off work next week starting on Thursday but have plans Friday night. Thankfully I'm 4 hours away too so should be a quick trip down in the Morning.

*EDIT* Apparently I'm only 3 hours away so even better!
Cool. I’m talking to my buddy to see if he’d rather go the next weekend. I’ll keep you posted.

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

@DK4Runner would the weekend of the 18-20 work any better or worse for you and your buddy?
Unfortunately that weekend is the only weekend I get my kiddos before Xmas (blended family/co-parenting). After the holidays would work best for me. Sorry to be the party pooper :/ I do really want to meet up with you guys. And the DBBB is a great time. Don’t take it too lightly either, I’ve had to winch myself out 2 out of 3 times I went down there. There are definitely some milder tracks but if you don’t know where you’re going, you could end up in trouble without the right gear.