Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Ahhh, that's a Canuckistani only model I think. I've got a buddy to electrified a really rough 228J I gave him. He uses it on his radio desk.
I'm not sure if it's a Canadian model. I've seen plenty of them (same model) at flea markets and they usually go for about $5-$20 depending on condition and completeness. The guts of this one were in rough shape and my plan wasn't to restore it any way as all of my Coleman camping equipment is propane.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet but there's a lot of good information on "The Coleman Collectors Forum" ...
http://www.colemancollectorsforum.com/

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'm on there as well. I'm just not very active. I'm trying very hard to keep from becoming a full blown collector. I have more junk laying around here than I can work on right now. I have a 228 hanging in the rafters in the shop that I haven't even touched since I hung it there two months ago.

Reactions: Drifterman

Enthusiast III

Ireland
I was directed to this thread by another user who was answering a query from someone else.

My original post was just to share with everyone a review I created of the Sportster II Unleaded 533.

Its maybe of no interest in here given that I've just had a quick scroll through and see some of the spectacular retro Coleman products in the posts in here. Maybe I'm a weirdo for feeling this way, but there is something so romantic about the vintage models. I'm looking forward to going through the entire thread later and oohing and aaahing at the photos.

I will post the video link here anyway, because I guess at some stage, in many years to come, the Sportster II will be vintage. Also hopefully get a few extra views on the video to make all the hard work worth it. There is some beautiful scenery in this video too of Ireland if you have an interest in that.

This is the bit where I shamelessly request any of you kind souls to subscribe to the youtube channel, but only if you want to.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Here's something I picked up with the intention of converting it to an ice cooled kegerator. In the end I just couldn't bring myself to cutting a hole in the door for a tap handle so I went with something else. I believe it's from the '60s. It's complete and in great original condition. I'm trying to find someone that could use it for a vintage trailer.

17-06-15 1.jpg

17-06-15 2.jpg

Last edited:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Here's something I picked up with the intention of converting it to an ice cooled kegerator. In the end I just couldn't bring myself to cutting a hole in the door for a tap handle so I went with something else. I believe it's from the '60s. It's complete and in great original condition. I'm trying to find someone that could use it for a vintage trailer.

View attachment 78974

View attachment 78976
I applaud you for not cutting it up. I've never seen one like that before. That's pretty cool!

davis31052

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
I want a milspec but they are apparently pretty rare in this area. I'm also wanting to find a couple 200as to play with. But I'm being patient.
I've got a running mil spec lantern in my small collection. It's missing the funnel though. pm me if interested

Edy Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

I've got a decent collection too. I've used Coleman fuel in the soves for years but have recently switched to a propane adapter. Really glad I did. I've got a propane tree too that attaches to the tank, gives you two propane hook ups on the stem, and one at the top that I use a propane lantern with. Great setup. I also recently bit the bullet a d bought the small 5 lb tank for situations where I dont want to haul a big tank. Those little things are pricey.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Have 2 or 3 stoves 2 or 3 lanterns and one catheater
I never could get the cat heater I had to run. Eventually sold it to a guy who collects them for what I had in it. (Not much)

I love my lanterns and stoves though. I've got a 228 hanging in the shop waiting for some warmer weather to get a mild cleanup and lighting.

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

Think im going to try and find them again and look up numbers they are o plus a bernzomatic stove that i need to rebuild the tank controls

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I've never seen a Bernz in the wild, so to speak. A buddy stumbled on a lantern but passed because the modern cans done want to fit whatever model he found. That same place has an old Coleman lamp (decorative) with a shade but we've not managed to convince ourselves that it's worth what they're asking though it is really neat.