PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I hardly ever drink a full cup of coffee unless its COLD outside. I do usually make a cup though. I bring plain coffee in a jar, sugar and light cream, and I do a simple pour over using a Sea>Summit filter.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

I use the Wacaco Nanopresso but with the double shot variant. I've used it quite often over the past two years. I mostly make Americanos in the morning at camp.

CharlieS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vermont, USA
First Name
CHARLES
Last Name
SPRIGG
Tried all kinds of setups, jetboil, french press, percolator, moka pot, am using a GSI pour over now. Kind of like a collapsible space saver Mellita pour over funnel. Works okay. I don't care for how fine the grinder that came with it makes the coffee. Still searching for the perfect cup of joe.

kimmonia

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Vacaville, Solano County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kim
Member #

This thread is great - I love coffee and have so many different ways to make it at home. My brother just sent me a Jot package (super concentrated coffee) that just requires hot water or milk of your choice ... anyone tried this? And what about drinking vessels? I just got a stanley legendary thermos after being inspired by this thread.

Reactions: Mark65

Mark65

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kenner, LA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Willis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5FUG
Percolator. I’ve been experimenting with a stovetop expresso maker but for now I’m sticking with the Percolator.

Reactions: Old Tanker

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I picked up this little French Press from Amazon and love it. Been using it every weekend since I’ve got it. Will definitely take it camping. Boil water, pour, press, serve.

Reactions: grubworm

Andy G

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

French press for us. I use a JetBoil to boil the water. Grind fresh beans before we head out on the trip and store them in a small sealed plastic container.

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Those that use an aeropress will it make enough to fill my large yeti cup up in the mornings?

RainierandTacos

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Marysville, WA, USA
First Name
CHRISTOPHER
Last Name
P
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0SRK
when i was on submarines in the navy, this was how we got coffee.....
takes up little space and keeps both hands free for important tasks like cleaning....and more cleaning

View attachment 164912
I'm a surface guy, but Chief and the First Classes always told me that making rank frees up both hands for more enlightened tasking... One hand for holding the cup of coffee, and the other for pointing out what needs to be cleaned.

I had good results with my cheap Stanley French press from Walmart. After that suffered a horrible accident, I switched to a Melitta for work and trying cowboy coffee out of the Jetboil the last few times I've gone out. Depending on what's in the truck, it goes into either my Yeti or my Walmart Yeti ripoff (which keeps coffee hotter longer than my Yeti...), and away I go.

Last edited:
Reactions: grubworm

Contributor I

Golden, Colorafdo
First Name
Narsisco
Last Name
Lopez
I'm a home coffee roaster and my daily is my Rancilio espresso machine and burr grinder, but when traveling, I bring my trusty Aeropress and a cheap grinder... packs small and does the job!

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Those that use an aeropress will it make enough to fill my large yeti cup up in the mornings?
Good to know. I probably need to cut back on my caffeine anyway
I use the aero press and just keep adding water using it like a drip through and then fill and press. Won’t fill up the big yeti but it will the yeti coffee mugs I have.

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Two Espro Coffee Travel Presses. Individual size french press with double mesh filter. Double wall that keeps the coffee HOT! Wife actually pours hers into a cup to cool down :-) Like others have said though, clean up takes a bit of water.
Espro.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m thinking about getting the Overland Press. I love French presses, but as others have mentioned: clean up is a pita

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My wife vetoes any french press because the cleanup is such a pain. At home we use a pour-over, and in the field we use a percolator.
Show her the one I posted...
Cleanup is a breeze. I too used to perc all my coffee at home and in the field... now just press

Last edited: