Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Hey Central CA! (Fresno to Tulare South, to Merced North),

I know there have been some meetups in the past, but wanted to see if we can get another planned in the near future? With the weather in CA being nicer now (not Hades) and trail season coming to a close, it seems a good time to meetup.

I'd like to plan to meet a location we can either just meetup (microbrewery, diner type locations) or if we want to commit to a sit down (Restaurant, diner etc.) we can also. Just wanting to meet some of the local OB Members and fellow Overlanders alike. I see on the member map, there are quite a few in the Fresno/Clovis area alone! Way to represent Overland Bound Central Valley! Let me know if you are interested...

Stash

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Visalia, Tulare County, California, United States
First Name
Anastacio
Last Name
Gomez
Member #

Hey Central CA! (Fresno to Tulare South, to Merced North),

I know there have been some meetups in the past, but wanted to see if we can get another planned in the near future? With the weather in CA being nicer now (not Hades) and trail season coming to a close, it seems a good time to meetup.

I'd like to plan to meet a location we can either just meetup (microbrewery, diner type locations) or if we want to commit to a sit down (Restaurant, diner etc.) we can also. Just wanting to meet some of the local OB Members and fellow Overlanders alike. I see on the member map, there are quite a few in the Fresno/Clovis area alone! Way to represent Overland Bound Central Valley! Let me know if you are interested...
I'm interested. Please keep me posted.
Stash from Visalia.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

Another way to get the word out, go to the members map, zoom in enough to cover fresno Visalia area. And then there is a button to send a message to all members in the area that are on the map

Reactions: ArmyofMike

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I'm interested. New to OB and been going on outing alone with my dog. I am getting ready for my winter months camping now. Getting ready to hit Monache Meadows Nov 3-5 before they close the gate. Then above Fresno in Dec and Jan. I am out of Porterville and will meet up.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Anything on that meet up? How about Saturday Nov 25 after turkey day. I'll need to walk all that food off any way, LOL. In Visalia? between Bakersfield and Fresno. Just throwing that out there. I'll keep checking.

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

i am so down for visalia meetups... but the 25th i will also be in bay area lol. going to the seattle vs 49ers game

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Cool, not the 25th that's fine just threw that out there. You guys pick a day and time when you get back. I need about a month notice to reschedule my appointments.
A 9-ner fan? I think we both know who will win.

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

Cool, not the 25th that's fine just threw that out there. You guys pick a day and time when you get back. I need about a month notice to reschedule my appointments.
A 9-ner fan? I think we both know who will win.
Haha no. I'm a cowboys fan sadly. My girl is a Seahawk fan. Her old boss bought us tickets for a going away gift lol. But yeah. We know who will win

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

My wife is a 9-ner and she is boycotting them after ripping York a new one online and all the garbage that is going on with them. I have no team. I watch bass fishing because of the excitement, football boring. Lol. Enjoy the trip.

Reactions: DuncNasty08

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Ok we stuffed our face in Nov and emptied our pockets in Dec. Maybe Jan we can swing that meet up some place cheap to go with the New Year resolution diet plan per my Doc. Lol. Any one in this area going on that DV run in March? This will be my first time to DV and any helpful info will be great.
Should I take water? lol
Happy Holiday and New Year to you all

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
@Inthewoods I am in Fresno and the one planning the DV trip. I would be game to meet in January for a Central Valley meet and greet. Does Jan 13 work for you? If so, I will get an event on the Rally Point to and invite other OB members to join. :)

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Yeah that work for me. I can move some clients for some ME time. Plus that gives me time to fire up the beast. I'll check back for additional info. Cool

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

i guarantee if you post an event and date we can get guys to show up. hardest part is asking around for dates people are available. if you get a date/time/location they will come lol. im in!