Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

whats that saying? 'Book it and they will come'. Book it before the wife send me out on a Brodate,
(movie, I love you, man) lol.

Sequoiahiker

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Visalia, CA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Patton
Member #

Service Branch
U. S. Army
Haven't checked the forums for awhile........ justnsaw thks. I'm in Visalia and open for a meet and greet.....

Reactions: DuncNasty08

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Reactions: AlexG and Hula_100

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Alright guys, we asked for a meet and greet for the central valley and Armyofmike set one up so lets show up and numbers and style. Lets show UP! because I need some ideas. lol

Reactions: ArmyofMike

Stash

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Visalia, Tulare County, California, United States
First Name
Anastacio
Last Name
Gomez
Member #

Alright guys, we asked for a meet and greet for the central valley and Armyofmike set one up so lets show up and numbers and style. Lets show UP! because I need some ideas. lol
I'm going to miss this one. My job has working mid day. Hope to catch the next meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

The central valley CA meeting went great I thought. Got great info on DV run and met some other OB members and cool rigs. I have a friend that will come to the next meet and greet.
I should have my spare tire carrier and truck bed box on my rig by next meeting.

Hula_100

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Clovis, Ca
Member #

The central valley CA meeting went great I thought. Got great info on DV run and met some other OB members and cool rigs. I have a friend that will come to the next meet and greet.
I should have my spare tire carrier and truck bed box on my rig by next meeting.
Agreed! Nice time getting to know some of the people in the greater Central Valley!

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
A big thanks to Mike for putting this together. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone. Looking forward to next one.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

figured this is a good place to ask. im planning a camping trip for later this month. just no idea where to go thats around central california. where do you guys like to go? i prefer more dispersed camping than actual sites.

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
figured this is a good place to ask. im planning a camping trip for later this month. just no idea where to go thats around central california. where do you guys like to go? i prefer more dispersed camping than actual sites.
There are a LOT of dispersed camping spots along dinkey creek road to the East of Shaver Lake. Also, there is dry camping along rock creek road, and also near dinkey creek proper. There may be snow, so plan accordingly, or call the Forest Service prior to your departure. I really like the area near Dinkey Creek Road as it is central to Shaver Lake, Wishon Reservoir and other areas. Also, don't forget to check out the old Dinkey Creek Logging Mill Site off Dinkey Creek Road, it's an interesting trip back in history of the area.

M

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I like that Dinkey Creek area but they changed the camp ground in dinkey next to the river. I went to Courtright Reservoir last 4th of July and there was still snow, that's where I broke my step off on a rock. During the winter months I go camping by myself and I go up the hwy 41 just past Fish camp by 1 mile to the snow park on the right just before the Yosemite gate. Just before you get to the wide open parking there is a road that take you back into the woods for miles and there is where I camp to. If the gate is open. Its a muddy and snowy road with areas to pull over and camp. There are other places I go to but when I go by myself I try to stay within 5 miles of civilization in case I have to walk. Where ever you go let me know I might try it out to.

Reactions: DuncNasty08

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

I like that Dinkey Creek area but they changed the camp ground in dinkey next to the river. I went to Courtright Reservoir last 4th of July and there was still snow, that's where I broke my step off on a rock. During the winter months I go camping by myself and I go up the hwy 41 just past Fish camp by 1 mile to the snow park on the right just before the Yosemite gate. Just before you get to the wide open parking there is a road that take you back into the woods for miles and there is where I camp to. If the gate is open. Its a muddy and snowy road with areas to pull over and camp. There are other places I go to but when I go by myself I try to stay within 5 miles of civilization in case I have to walk. Where ever you go let me know I might try it out to.
yeah, will hopefully have it figured out today or tomorrow. will let you know :)

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I would be interested in meeting, I am just seeing this now. But I will make the next one if there is going to be one.