Central Texas - Woohoo

• HTML tutorial

Bender

Rank 0

Traveler I

Im going to be heading out there and may have a few buddies coming out the day after thankgiving. But i have also heard over on the tacomaworld forum that there will be a couple of other groups out there. So there should be a decent showing. Should be a good time, good food, cold beer and some wheeling and camping.
Man, I completely missed that one on TW. I might be able to join for the day. Any idea what time people are meeting up?

Reactions: sarsaparilla

sarsaparilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX
Member #

Man, I completely missed that one on TW. I might be able to join for the day. Any idea what time people are meeting up?
I will be out there on Wends. through the weekend. But it looks like others are making plans to meet at JJ's in Lago Vista on Saturday. If you want to come out before that I should be in area B, otherwise if your on TW check out the Austin Area thread and weigh in for the Sat meet up. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/austin-area-tw-chapter-all-gens-welcome.411172/page-125#post-13700476

Bender

Rank 0

Traveler I

Yeah, thanks. I did some digging and found it. The TW forums are chaotic sometimes and I don't often check the Austin thread. Suppose I should though. Way more active the "San Antonio" one.

sarsaparilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX
Member #

Yeah, thanks. I did some digging and found it. The TW forums are chaotic sometimes and I don't often check the Austin thread. Suppose I should though. Way more active the "San Antonio" one.
Ah cool, I have never been on the San Antonio thread, ill have to check it out.

sarsaparilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX
Member #

Just a quick update, looks like there will be decent handful of guys from the TacomaWorld forum out at Hidden Falls this week. I will be going out with the family on Wednesday, and the bulk of the guys will be out there for the day on Saturday. Feel free to join us if you want to camp, offroad, or just drink some cold beer and ride along.

Bender

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks for the info. I've been lurking on the forums, being noncommittal at this point. I really need to get a CB so it's easier to coordinate these meets. I am so beyond my budget for this month I really have nothing left in the tank for fun off road excursions. Unexpected, big purchases will do that. Too many sales this month :) So I likely won't make it after all, but I'm keeping my options open

sarsaparilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX
Member #

Thanks for the info. I've been lurking on the forums, being noncommittal at this point. I really need to get a CB so it's easier to coordinate these meets. I am so beyond my budget for this month I really have nothing left in the tank for fun off road excursions. Unexpected, big purchases will do that. Too many sales this month :) So I likely won't make it after all, but I'm keeping my options open
Yeah i feel you, and a CB is essential. Even just a handheld one will generally do. If your that far from your group youve got bigger issues lol

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Not sure if this goes here, But anyone going to the Overland Expo West 2017. Me and a couple of friends of mine are. Seeing if anyone wants to convoy there.

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

Not sure if this goes here, But anyone going to the Overland Expo West 2017. Me and a couple of friends of mine are. Seeing if anyone wants to convoy there.
I was considering it. Thinking about getting there via Gila National Forest. There's a couple NM trails that could be fun to hit also

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I was considering it. Thinking about getting there via Gila National Forest. There's a couple NM trails that could be fun to hit also
I was planning on leaving the 11th and driving straight there and then doing some wheeling on the way back but I'm flexiable

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

I was planning on leaving the 11th and driving straight there and then doing some wheeling on the way back but I'm flexiable
I'm just kicking around ideas at this point. I'd love to go and it'd be great to travel with other people. Plotted out a couple trails. It'd be cool to stop by the Very Large Array. May's a long way off yet though so for me this is all tentative

Reactions: Travis Barker

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I'm just kicking around ideas at this point. I'd love to go and it'd be great to travel with other people. Plotted out a couple trails. It'd be cool to stop by the Very Large Array. May's a long way off yet though so for me this is all tentative
I have already paid for my ticket. I'm taking my oldest son with me. So unless something extreme forces me not to go. I am there.

Reactions: pixelsailor

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I know its still a long way away but I guess I'll start a thread and see what happens.

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

I have already paid for my ticket. I'm taking my oldest son with me. So unless something extreme forces me not to go. I am there.
Oh man, you're on it. Yeah, I can't commit quite yet. I need to wait to see what my company has in store for the coming year. Potentially starting a new project that may take priority. Just need to make sure that timing works out to take time off

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Oh man, you're on it. Yeah, I can't commit quite yet. I need to wait to see what my company has in store for the coming year. Potentially starting a new project that may take priority. Just need to make sure that timing works out to take time off
I understand, I have the ability to plan that far out. But I'll make the thread and see what happens. Hopefully we can make a convoy out of it and hit some trails.

sarsaparilla

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX
Member #

I might try and head out there, but I have a few other trips on the book between now and then so we'll have to see how it shakes out as it gets closer.