cbechtold's Expedition Tacoma Build

• HTML tutorial

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

Spent this past weekend at the Eagle Lakes campgrounds with a friend of TacomaWorld. Ran Signal Peak on Saturday, or at least what I think was Signal Peak. Probably took a wrong turn but oh well. Fun time. Can't wait to go back in less then 2 weeks to do it all again.

The original plan was to camp out at Bowman Lake, but the bridge was broken. So that was a no go.

So Eagle Lakes it was.

IMG_2232 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2234 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

The next sequences of photos are from Signal Peak.

That night I worked on my long exposure shots. Definitely gonna need to invest in a few things and start learning how to use my camera in manual mode only.

IMG_2296 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2291 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

If photos that have my Flickr tag under them are not my photos. They're taken by @rorck_t4r on Instagram.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@cbechtold

I'd say your long exposure night photos are looking quite well. You've got clean exposure on the truck, crisp stars and, good trails on the fire and flying embers. Not sure what you'd want to invest in if you are getting photos like those.

Boort

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

@cbechtold

I'd say your long exposure night photos are looking quite well. You've got clean exposure on the truck, crisp stars and, good trails on the fire and flying embers. Not sure what you'd want to invest in if you are getting photos like those.

Boort
Wired remote switch, extra batteries, and more memory. Just some basics.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@cbechtold

Cool. If your camera can do timed release you'll be good up to about 30 second exposures. (Better yet if it can do mirror up and timed release.) Then you can get the extra memory, and batteries. :)

I've got:
Satechi Wireless Remote Control (wired/wireless RF operation, No computer. My goto release)
Vello Shutterboss II, (wired programmable release, Wireless one was a POS, this one works well)
Trigger Trap Mobile (Wired, Cell Phone Control, Great product. Company is now dead after an epic fail of a kickstarter)
Alpine Labs Pulse (Wireless, full camera control from cell or tablet, can send back a basic thumbnail to boot)

Boort

Reactions: cbechtold

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

Last weekend was spent at running through the beginning of Fordyce Creek. Didn't get any photos of my truck when running through since they're was a big Jeep/buggie event going on. Did get a video of an awesome FJ40 Buggy going up Driveline Hill.

This weekend was spent in Sierra National Forest and then a run up to the top of Bald Mountain on Saturday. Besides getting lost and being woken up by a bear at 2AM, it was a fun trip.

IMG_2470 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2471 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2473 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2496 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2498 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2504 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2507 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2509 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2513 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2517 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2522 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2524 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2528 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2537 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2538 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2543 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2573 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2580 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2585 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2657 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

Reactions: ASNOBODY

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

Happy to have the new rack on the truck. I'm rather pleased with the height and the angles. Also changed out the straps on my Tepui to some polypropylene straps since the nylon straps basically disintegrated after one trip.

IMG_2689
by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2687

IMG_2691

IMG_2696

Might modify it down the road so I don't hit my head on the nylon lock nuts, but that's down the road.

IMG_2704

IMG_2695

Now to order a new tent cover and call it done.

Reactions: ASNOBODY

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

Spent this weekend in Stanislaus National Forest and ran Slick Rock on Saturday. Fun trail, great times with my dad, brother, and some good folks of TW.

IMG_2712 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2743 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2776 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2782 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2787 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2793 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2800 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2806 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2812 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2818 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2826 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2891 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2897 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2913 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2914 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2922 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2923 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2926 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2952 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_2953 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

Next trip is to the Rubicon Trail in 2 weeks. Won't be taking my truck there just yet. Hopefully after that trip I'll get my winch installed and get back out on the trail again soon.

Atlastrekker

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi-Lift Mount is in. Little bit of a pain to get all bolted up, but it's in.

IMG_2226

IMG_2227

Pretty happy with how things came out. Should hold for the years to come.

I'm also out of school now so it's time to start planning trips and get the Tacoma ready for Summer.
What mounts did you use for this? I would like to do something similar for my truck.

Atlastrekker

Rank 0

Traveler I

1/8" x 2" flat bar steel, 1/2" bolts, fender washers, and wing nuts . You could easily do the same thing with the mount 4XRAC makes. Here's a link to it on Amazon.
Ok, got it. I have seen those before. I think that I will make my own. Very nice rig, I believe that I have seen you in the woods before. If I do again, I will stop and say hi.
Thanks!

Reactions: cbechtold

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

So I finally decided that it was time for new lights. My headlights just weren't fun to drive with at night, probably borderline unsafe. Going to be addressing the actual the headlight assembly later on, but for now this was my solution. New Philips VisionPlus Upgraded Bulbs for the headlights and new Baja Design Squadron Sports with the Amber Driving/Combo Lens.

IMG_3672 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

IMG_3671 by Cory Bechtold, on Flickr

I was pretty happy with the new headlight bulbs, but these Baja Design lights are something else. Needless to say that I won't be changing this set up for a very long time.

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #