Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

Quick question...Does anybody use a drive through car wash with roof lights?
I can no longer go through them with the rack I put on my jeep. Last time I tried, the tech working said I would be fine and I definitely wasn't. Too much height and stuff to get caught on. Even in a touchless wash I'd be worried it wouldn't sense your lights and knock them right off. Depending on how you mount them, of course.

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

Looks great to me. How long has that been on there? Just curious how well the stickiness holds up over the long term.
I've also used something similar to manage wires on the backside of my roof racks wind deflector and they work great.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Lol, I did enjoy the Outback bit kept trying to make it do truck things. Plus the outback won't tow a 5,000 lb boat I'm hoping to pick up in a year or so. Lol. I'll most likely pickup and impreza or fozzie for a DD though.

CatPowerDude

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord, NC
Member #

Lol, I did enjoy the Outback bit kept trying to make it do truck things. Plus the outback won't tow a 5,000 lb boat I'm hoping to pick up in a year or so. Lol. I'll most likely pickup and impreza or fozzie for a DD though.
I’m going to be selling my 97 legacy gt, would make a great daily.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I pull my 15’ flats skiff w/ my wagon. It’s even named the “Suboataru” — but I know what you mean & I fought w/ the reasoning of a truck for a while. My big boat is a 25’ Sea Pro center console that I leave in the marina most of the time. When I do need to get it out of the water I use a rattle box 1979 Dodge D300 dually farm truck. It really is a completely unsafe and unreliable truck. Ive held on to it for when I need to move livestock or during slow parts of the year where I will lease a tractor out. When I want to take it to a different lake I usually recruit a buddy who has an F150 to help me out. It’s a real pain in the ass. I’ll probably have to end up getting another farm truck soon - but it’d be another 2wd dually & it won’t be anything I would want to drag into the woods. Just a tow rig.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Haha I hear ya. Looking at a 23-25' CC myself. There's too many toys on my buy list. Lol. At least with the truck the wife is all for a long setup that makes the ride less jarring,

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Thinking about trips for 2020, I thought it would be fun to have a big group head out to the Outer Banks. What are everyone's thoughts on a trip to the Outer Banks? I was thinking Memorial Weekend, to get the extra day off of work. Memorial Day is Monday, May 25, 2020. My thought would be a Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday trip.

If there there is interest, I can speak with the ferry service and see if we could do a group reservation, with group pricing to save a little money. The ferry can only take 4 vehicles max at a time, so I would need to plan for arrival times based on how many people sign up so people aren't sitting at the dock for hours.

Let me know you're interest and ideas and we can talk further. Thanks

Reactions: CatPowerDude

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Thinking about trips for 2020, I thought it would be fun to have a big group head out to the Outer Banks. What are everyone's thoughts on a trip to the Outer Banks? I was thinking Memorial Weekend, to get the extra day off of work. Memorial Day is Monday, May 25, 2020. My thought would be a Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday trip.

If there there is interest, I can speak with the ferry service and see if we could do a group reservation, with group pricing to save a little money. The ferry can only take 4 vehicles max at a time, so I would need to plan for arrival times based on how many people sign up so people aren't sitting at the dock for hours.

What about the other, bigger ferry that goes to the same landing? I think that would could carry 6 vehicles. That was the one they were transporting that Unimog and deuce and a half we saw while we were out there.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

What about the other, bigger ferry that goes to the same landing? I think that would could carry 6 vehicles. That was the one they were transporting that Unimog and deuce and a half we saw while we were out there.
I can look into it. Whatever is the most efficient and cost effective as a group

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

I would very much like another attempt at camping on the outer banks. Not sure I would do the whole thing, but I would love to come down for a night or two.

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

its too far for me to only do a night or two lol
Oh I fully agree with that. I'm just not a huge beach person, so even under the best conditions I'm pretty over sand by the second day haha. But if you guys are going to be there I will for sure come put the tires on some sand.

Reactions: JButtress

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Oh I fully agree with that. I'm just not a huge beach person, so even under the best conditions I'm pretty over sand by the second day haha. But if you guys are going to be there I will for sure come put the tires on some sand.
oh for sure...i'm still finding sand from Labor Day haha. But it would be awesome with a big group

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

oh for sure...i'm still finding sand from Labor Day haha. But it would be awesome with a big group
I'm not a beach person either, but I'd really like to do some fishing. I'll probably bring the kayak this time... unless anyone is coming from the upstate, has a tow capacity of around 8200 lbs, and willing to pull the Miss Mildred down there we can do some serious fishing.