Camp Stove

• HTML tutorial

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

You would link it w/ something called a Luna satellite burner, and then pair it w/ any jet boil cup, pan, etc...

-Chris
Ok thanks for the reply. I am kind of learning, it seems the jetboil cups are also sold with their own burner.

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Ok thanks for the reply. I am kind of learning, it seems the jetboil cups are also sold with their own burner.
No problem. It's great if you're cooking for more than 3-4 people. I use it for my family of 5. Jet boil is connected making me coffee while the bacon and eggs are working on the eureka stove. The simmer control on the eureka is great.

Also, I've noticed when shopping for camping or outdoor stuff, if I add my items to the shopping cart online, then leave the website, I usually get an email with a discount code if I come back and complete my order.

-Chris

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
No problem. It's great if you're cooking for more than 3-4 people. I use it for my family of 5. Jet boil is connected making me coffee while the bacon and eggs are working on the eureka stove. The simmer control on the eureka is great.

Also, I've noticed when shopping for camping or outdoor stuff, if I add my items to the shopping cart online, then leave the website, I usually get an email with a discount code if I come back and complete my order.

-Chris
Thanks for the info on this stove, I love the idea of having one propane source to power the stove and jetboil. I do the same, Jetboil for coffee while making breakfast on the stove. Simmer control is an issue with my Coleman, so it's good to hear this one simmers well.

-Dave

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

1960's Sears stove I got at a yard sale for $8. Looked like crap. Sand blasted it, painted it, and it's my favorite stove by far now. Way out preforms propane in cold and high elevation. A couple friends were making fun of my 1960's stove on the Rubicon a few years ago, but it was November and got into the teens at night, at high elevation too... and none of their fancy propane stoves would do anything but blow liquid propane out of them in the morning. Guess who's "goofy" old stove made them all coffee that morning. :)

View attachment 29540

Before:
View attachment 29544
Looks like my stove that my father gave me. 1960's Coleman White Gas stove.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Thanks for the info on this stove, I love the idea of having one propane source to power the stove and jetboil. I do the same, Jetboil for coffee while making breakfast on the stove. Simmer control is an issue with my Coleman, so it's good to hear this one simmers well.

-Dave
I just used my Eureka for the first time. It worked well and could control the burner well. Only negative, was I couldn't get the igniter to work and had to lite it with a lighter. It was a little breezy. I could see the spark but it wasn't lighting.

Reactions: aearles

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I just used my Eureka for the first time. It worked well and could control the burner well. Only negative, was I couldn't get the igniter to work and had to lite it with a lighter. It was a little breezy. I could see the spark but it wasn't lighting.
Thanks for the info. The ignitor is definitely not a deal breaker for me, frankly, the ignitors never work for me on anything, except the Jetboil!

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

What was the ambient temperature? I've noticed in sub 40 degree weather, I have trouble getting the farther burner to ignite but usually after letting the gas run for 20 seconds, and about 4-8 clicks, they both ignite.

I should also add that I ignite the closer one first, then the second.

How do you transport your stove? I found a decent box at Walmart that fits the stove, fuel cans, and a few other things perfectly for my trips. I'll try to post a pic later tonight.

-Chris

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

What was the ambient temperature? I've noticed in sub 40 degree weather, I have trouble getting the farther burner to ignite but usually after letting the gas run for 20 seconds, and about 4-8 clicks, they both ignite.

I should also add that I ignite the closer one first, then the second.

How do you transport your stove? I found a decent box at Walmart that fits the stove, fuel cans, and a few other things perfectly for my trips. I'll try to post a pic later tonight.

-Chris
Thanks , for the info. I was just debating the Eureka stove bag to transport and protect it. It was warm out perhaps 75 degrees, slightly breezy.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Thanks for the info. The ignitor is definitely not a deal breaker for me, frankly, the ignitors never work for me on anything, except the Jetboil!
Yeah the igniter on the burner that comes with a jetboil is directly over the gas output.
Side note; the burner that comes with say a jetboil "Flash" won't work with a Eureka stove. A jetboil Luna satellite burner will work and excepts your jetboil cup. I am sure the company could make an adapter but then fewer burners would be sold. ;-)

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Yeah the igniter on the burner that comes with a jetboil is directly over the gas output.
Side note; the burner that comes with say a jetboil "Flash" won't work with a Eureka stove. A jetboil Luna satellite burner will work and excepts your jetboil cup. I am sure the company could make an adapter but then fewer burners would be sold. ;-)
I assumed you had to use the Luna burner because it runs pure propane whereas the rest of the Jetboils use the isobutane/propane mix?

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

I assumed you had to use the Luna burner because it runs pure propane whereas the rest of the Jetboils use the isobutane/propane mix?
I think any of the burners can use either fuel types. I am not an expert though. The Luna burner looks identical to the jetboil ones. Just different connection. It's made specifically to connect to a stoves fuel output.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I think any of the burners can use either fuel types. I am not an expert though. The Luna burner looks identical to the jetboil ones. Just different connection. It's made specifically to connect to a stoves fuel output.
Got it, yeah, I'm no expert either and you are more of expert then me as you actually have it!

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

What keeps the stove secure in the case? It kind of looks like the hatchet is wedged between the stove and case, holding it secure?
Sorry, I usually have the rest of my cooking stuff in there. Plates, forks, frying pans. It's fairly snug when I pack it up. I got it because I could stand the stove upright, which as you can see. It sits nicely.

I also found another box at Walmart that I sometimes store inside this one, while the stove is packed in ther

I'll get that photo up later

-Chris

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Got it, yeah, I'm no expert either and you are more of expert then me as you actually have it!
Ok, I just wanted to make you aware of what worked with the Eureka stove because I bought a jetlink to then later bought a Luna so I could use my jetboil cup. Didn't want anyone else making that mistake.

Reactions: dstock

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Ok, I just wanted to make you aware of what worked with the Eureka stove because I bought a jetlink to then later bought a Luna so I could use my jetboil cup. Didn't want anyone else making that mistake.
Appreciate it!

Reactions: Dana

IdahoGrizz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buhl, ID
Member #

I have used the Coleman stoves a lot. My only complaint is that they are hard to control the flame (either full blast or nothing). Pretty good bang for the buck though.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I have used the Coleman stoves a lot. My only complaint is that they are hard to control the flame (either full blast or nothing). Pretty good bang for the buck though.
You may want to check your control stem. I've had great luck controlling the temp on my 5 stoves. Sometimes it can also be that there's not sufficient pressure in the tank, I have had that trouble before as well.