Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Came across these at Costco...
View attachment 8680
They fit perfect on the shelf in the back of the Jeep. Decided they would ride better if each one was attached to the one underneath. Tried every glue I own, with no luck.
View attachment 8681
Finally just bolted them together...
View attachment 8682
Wide enough for plates...
View attachment 8683
Tall enough for spices...
View attachment 8684
Most importantly, the chef loves them :-)
We use those too! Spices, utensils. Nice

Reactions: Kelly

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

Picked up a 7 gallon Aqua-trainer a few years ago at Bass Pro and it fits perfectly in a milk crate. I pack a second milk crate with a Coleman lantern and fuel. The milk crates protect the contents when transporting and then double up as a stand for water in the camp kitchen.
View attachment 8689
View attachment 8690
That's, brilliant. Mine sits on my tailgate and is normally in the way / get's moved 1000 times.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I always have along a little hand pump garden sprayer. It has 1000 and 1 uses and is the equivalent to running water as far as I am concerned. really helps when washing dishes or your hands and face. Also aids putting out the campfire for the night or when packing up camp. You can find them anywhere, usually for under $10. This one is dedicated to camping and is NOT used for any other fluids/uses.

So I went ahead and bought one of these sprayer's for a camping trip and it was great. This is a must have gear for your trips. Thanks @Shizzy for the tip.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Picked up a 7 gallon Aqua-tainer a few years ago at Bass Pro and it fits perfectly in a milk crate. I pack a second milk crate with a Coleman lantern and fuel. The milk crates protect the contents when transporting and then double up as a stand for water in the camp kitchen.
View attachment 8689
View attachment 8690
Home Depot sells Milk Crates for about $7-$8. I wanted to pick up a couple for my last trip and forgot. :weary:

Reactions: vegasjeepguy

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Home Depot sells Milk Crates for about $7-$8. I wanted to pick up a couple for my last trip and forgot. :weary:
I use milk crates all the time for spray paint storage but sometimes for travelling. I've found these small nets useful at times, though I did remove the plastic hooks and replace with small carabiners. Pretty cheap and easy…

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
If you plan on hanging out in camp, pack a hammock. They frequently are discounted at Woot! and are more comfortable than a camp chair. They also pack up into a tiny pouch and weigh next to nothing. You can also get bug nets for them if you are going to be in places with biting flies or mosquitos. With overlanding, you only need one point to hang from, the other side can attach to your rig (or convince a friend to let you hang between your rigs).

Wet wipes and waterless pumice hand cleaner from the auto parts store (I get the one with the scrub brush attached to the bottle, it fits in my door pouch). Nothing will get your hands feeling cleaner before a meal.

I installed red LEDs in my dome lights, if I have to open the doors at night to get something I don't kill my night vision.
Ditto on the red LEDs... awesome mod that I really appreciate at night. Also, the kids can turn on the lights to rummage around for things without the glare disrupting my driving.

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

I have a Kamprite tent cot, oversized single. It's a fine product. It's very warm, with the air mattress all you're doing in it is sleeping. There's no extra room for storage or changing clothes. Good luck, Ron.

Reactions: Roxxie

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

From a backpacking stand point my best hack is to get some form of a gravity based water filter system! Setting up camp while racing against daylight is a common issue and needing water for dinner is crucial. Having your water filter while setting up your tent or gathering firewood etc... Is a huge game changer for an otherwise time consuming task.