Rank III

Pathfinder III

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

We were at Awenda on Georgian Bay in Ontario for 4 days last week. It was only an hour and a half away so we decided to take both my Cherokee and Comanche. It's the first time we've taken two vehicles. I towed our trailer with the XJ and my wife had the bikes in the back of the MJ. It rained for all but one day which has pretty much been the routine for this summer.

View attachment 211631View attachment 211632
My biggest regret in my car ownership life was letting go of my 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I loved that thing! 6-speed, 4wd, 4 door, inline 6. Best vehicle ever.

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

I almost built my ram out like this but I decided to go down to a Jeep JK for the smaller wheel base.
I would love to go JK but the RAM was paid for and the Boss(Wife) likes to overpack....
I was changing jobs and a big truck wasn’t needed anymore so I was able to conics my boss it was a smart move. Ha

Reactions: NCFireGuy

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We spent Thanksgiving week exploring the San Rafael Swell, and had some awesome nights camping with the rock walls and stars. night time temps got down to 13 degrees, putting our new 15 degree rated sleeping bag test, we did throw a nylon tarp over the mesh roof of the Gazelle tent before putting the rain fly on, and stayed 'comfortable' during the night. We did bring a small propane heater to heat up the tent when going to bed and getting up, but its amazing how much moisture it puts off even for that short period.

Stayed in Goblin Valley State Park on the first night and was treated to a great view of the Milky Way over the rock walls around camp.
Camp 1.jpg

Moon rise from camp was so bright it looked more like a sunset, except for all the stars that were already out.

Moon Rise.jpg

We had some discussions about the large rocks that had fallen from the cliff walls at some point in history, told Michelle that don't worry this big rock will protect us during the night. While no boulders fell during our stay, the rock did a good job of protecting us from the high winds that made their way down canyon during the night.

Camp 2.jpg

Drones eye view of camp

Arial Camp.JPG

Did not expect to have a sit down Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all the fixings, but thanks to late night fuel stop and a truck stop microwave we dined console style in the truck, complete with hostess for desert..lol

Turkey Dinner.jpg