Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

We were at Awenda on Georgian Bay in Ontario for 4 days last week. It was only an hour and a half away so we decided to take both my Cherokee and Comanche. It's the first time we've taken two vehicles. I towed our trailer with the XJ and my wife had the bikes in the back of the MJ. It rained for all but one day which has pretty much been the routine for this summer.

DSC_0180.JPGDSC_0186.JPG

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

We were at Awenda on Georgian Bay in Ontario for 4 days last week. It was only an hour and a half away so we decided to take both my Cherokee and Comanche. It's the first time we've taken two vehicles. I towed our trailer with the XJ and my wife had the bikes in the back of the MJ. It rained for all but one day which has pretty much been the routine for this summer.

View attachment 211631View attachment 211632
How do you like that canopy? I was seriously looking at a very similar one from Amazon. My latest expedition convinced me that my 10x10 pop up canopy is just way too dang heavy and bulky for overlanding.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

How do you like that canopy? I was seriously looking at a very similar one from Amazon. My latest expedition convinced me that my 10x10 pop up canopy is just way too dang heavy and bulky for overlanding.
It's been great. We have a pop up too and this one takes up about a quarter of the space when packed up and only weighs about 10 lbs. It comes with 2 poles that break down to about 2' long but I replaced those with adjustable poles. It's easy to lift off the back of the Jeep and drop to the ground if we need to go somewhere. It's plenty big enough and it keeps us dry.

It's currently unavailable through Amazon but it may come back ...
Portable Large Camping Sun Shelter SUV Car Rear Trunk Awning Tent : Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

It's been great. We have a pop up too and this one takes up about a quarter of the space when packed up and only weighs about 10 lbs. It comes with 2 poles that break down to about 2' long but I replaced those with adjustable poles. It's easy to lift off the back of the Jeep and drop to the ground if we need to go somewhere. It's plenty big enough and it keeps us dry.

It's currently unavailable through Amazon but it may come back ...
Portable Large Camping Sun Shelter SUV Car Rear Trunk Awning Tent : Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors
Nice!

I was looking at something similar. There are a ton of variations on the theme available on Amazon. It's a matter of finding the best price, I think. I can't seem to get the link to work, unfortunately :(

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Nice!

I was looking at something similar. There are a ton of variations on the theme available on Amazon. It's a matter of finding the best price, I think. I can't seem to get the link to work, unfortunately :(
I have a similar set up, the SlumberJack road house and have been very happy. Durable, good size and packs up about the size of a bigger ground tent.
20200523_081753.jpg

jcmorgan31

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Orleans, IN, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Morgan
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Well, the scenery isn't nearly as epic as some of the others on here, but at least we got out of the house into the woods. This was our first trip out with the trailer that I built over the past few months. Raccoon Lake State Recreation Area in Rockville, IN. It was crowded but gave us a chance to put the trailer through its paces. I'm looking forward to parking it in some beautiful places in the near future.

IMG_1979.jpgIMG_1975.jpg