Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Our latest expedition camping out to Clayton, GA. Found out an air mattress, when combined with my drawer system and platform, puts me waaaay too close to my Outbacks ceiling . Had I been scared by something in the middle of the night I would have had a serious collision with my roof LOL. Going to try a slightly set-up next time to give me a bit more room
Yup, that's a little tight, I could never get in there with my 250 # of blubber.

Reactions: 4Wheelexplorer

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Alabama Hills, Lone Pine CA 2021
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having your driving lights and your fog lights on the same mounting plane, do you notice a reduction in efficiency over driving lights mounted higher like in my avatar (radiator level)? I use a HELLA 500 amber (50 watt), to reduce glare in substandard conditions. So far I have been happy with them. Both for price and performance. PIAA and even higher priced units were out of my price range for how often they would be utilized,......aka......rural highway safety, over low speed night trail running.
Instagram: @ Desertrunner_LV
OBLogo-Gold_Outlined_100x.png

Attachments

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

A friends & fam gathering on a NH lake a while back.

I was trying out what it would be like to host and cook for a bunch of people for future workshops. I had a great spot across a causeway; had the small island all to ourselves; set up my OZTent RV-5 (on left) as housing for company, and had a grand old time. We had another tent or two set up as well, and 7-8 people over a few days. Kayaking and canoeing, fishing, hammocks, campfires, the works.

I learned, though, that I treasure my solo time and privacy and am not real keen on having a mess of folks use my gear for making fires, cooking meals, and wanting my attention. For an evening, yeah, no problem. Finest kind. For three-four days though? I worked my tail off and didn't really relax much.

The OZTent RV-5 setup is now for sale, as I've only used it a few times. I'm slimming down what I have in storage and that I don't use much, in prep for more adventures with van and trailer.

The RV-5 is a wonderful bit of kit, has a ton of room and great features, and is quick and easy to set up and pack away. I'm sorely tempted to keep it, actually, it's such a solid and roomy piece of gear, and I'll know I'll want it down the road. But it's time to let some stuff go. Up for sale here: OZTent RV-5 Full Setup.

0-oztent_6896-900.jpeg
0-oztent_6964-900.jpg