Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yes it is. I bought it almost a year ago and so far so good. I'm about to put it to the test out in the desert in a few weeks.
I'm more worried about it blowing away from the high wind than I am about the cold weather.
Awesome. I often head out with a couple guys that use tent cots. Seem like an excellent idea. Some are simple and some can be quite elaborate. My one buddy with a tent cot from Cabela's is sleeping in luxury:)
P7300014.jpg

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Here's our official camp in VT. It was an old family camp that had been abandoned for almost twenty years when my best friend and I took ownership. There used to be a cut trail in so you could drive, but after 20 years it had grown in pretty significantly. So, we've been working on opening up the trail to drive in - right now you could probably get a quad in there. But because of this we haven't been able to bring in any heavy materials to work on the cabin. Next year, after mud season, we'll get a bulldozer and some chainsaws in there to make it official. And then the real work begins.

Howe Pond.jpg

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Here's our official camp in VT. It was an old family camp that had been abandoned for almost twenty years when my best friend and I took ownership. There used to be a cut trail in so you could drive, but after 20 years it had grown in pretty significantly. So, we've been working on opening up the trail to drive in - right now you could probably get a quad in there. But because of this we haven't been able to bring in any heavy materials to work on the cabin. Next year, after mud season, we'll get a bulldozer and some chainsaws in there to make it official. And then the real work begins.

View attachment 11063
That is really cool, what an awesome project! If you find any old, weird looking books in the cabin, I recommend you don't read them... And watch out for hillbilly cannibals, portals to hell, etc... I think I've seen too many horror movies...

Reactions: RaggedViking

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

That is really cool, what an awesome project! If you find any old, weird looking books in the cabin, I recommend you don't read them... And watch out for hillbilly cannibals, portals to hell, etc... I think I've seen too many horror movies...
Hahaha. There's a weird door in the floor with chains on it... A book made of human skin on the coffee table..

Actually, when we first took ownership and went in, there was a newspaper on the coffee table talking about Michael Jordan retiring from Basketball... The first time.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Awesome. I often head out with a couple guys that use tent cots. Seem like an excellent idea. Some are simple and some can be quite elaborate. My one buddy with a tent cot from Cabela's is sleeping in luxury:)
View attachment 11060
Wow, that one looks pretty comfy. He can sit up in it.
Here's a photo off the website of mine. I got the wide one so that I can keep some belongings in there with me in case of bad weather. It's wide and long enough to where I have plenty of room.
Oversize_tent_cot_DTC443.jpg

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wow, that one looks pretty comfy. He can sit up in it.
Here's a photo off the website of mine. I got the wide one so that I can keep some belongings in there with me in case of bad weather. It's wide and long enough to where I have plenty of room.
View attachment 11078
Yes i was going to purchase a Kamp rite model a couple years ago but got fouled by a cross border shipping issue. Such a good idea these tent cots.
Jim

Reactions: TXpedition