Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

yak51

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Sally & I tested out the new offroad trailer for a quick 24hr. bugout to the Narrows in Gerry's Ferry & camped next door to Andrew & his family. Had a site close the waters edge. The two lakes and the Narrows totals about 40,500 acres with a combined shoreline of just over 340 miles.

The trailer performed flawlessly in towing, & camping with no problems, had a Cleburne County sheriff officer visit with me for about 40 minutes asking all kinds of questions about the finish trailer project I completed. Wanted details on the build as he is interested in building one for him & his wife. Enjoyed ourselves, good eats, weather was good, great company Sally my wife, Sadie Girl (our rat terrier), Andrew my son, Crystal & the twin girls . We are currently planning a offroad dispersed camping trip real soon.
Last photo is my son's camper, truck & jeep
View attachment 101191View attachment 101192View attachment 101194View attachment 101195View attachment 101196View attachment 101197View attachment 101198View attachment 101200View attachment 101203View attachment 101205View attachment 101207View attachment 101209View attachment 101211View attachment 101212

Great setup Don! Looks like fun.

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

Sally & I tested out the new offroad trailer for a quick 24hr. bugout to the Narrows in Gerry's Ferry & camped next door to Andrew & his family. Had a site close the waters edge. The two lakes and the Narrows totals about 40,500 acres with a combined shoreline of just over 340 miles.

The trailer performed flawlessly in towing, & camping with no problems, had a Cleburne County sheriff officer visit with me for about 40 minutes asking all kinds of questions about the finish trailer project I completed. Wanted details on the build as he is interested in building one for him & his wife. Enjoyed ourselves, good eats, weather was good, great company Sally my wife, Sadie Girl (our rat terrier), Andrew my son, Crystal & the twin girls . We are currently planning a offroad dispersed camping trip real soon.
Last photo is my son's camper, truck & jeep
View attachment 101191View attachment 101192View attachment 101194View attachment 101195View attachment 101196View attachment 101197View attachment 101198View attachment 101200View attachment 101203View attachment 101205View attachment 101207View attachment 101209View attachment 101211View attachment 101212
Great photos!!

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
Is there lots of dispersed camping available in that area? Is this a fee area or free?
Yes, The Spring Mountains has many free dispersed camping opportunities. This spot was in the Lovell Canyon area, but I have also camped Lee canyon (Macks Canyon rd. higher elevation (7500-8000) so watch the weather) and The Wheelers Pass area (both trail to pass and group area) again elevation makes it a very cool spot even mid-summer.

Echelon

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Yes, The Spring Mountains has many free dispersed camping opportunities. This spot was in the Lovell Canyon area, but I have also camped Lee canyon (Macks Canyon rd. higher elevation (7500-8000) so watch the weather) and The Wheelers Pass area (both trail to pass and group area) again elevation makes it a very cool spot even mid-summer.
Will be coming through that area in late September Ill have to check it out.

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Gunner Pool, we were up above Gunner Pool aka Sylamore Rangers District National Forest. Oct is deer season in Arkansas & the locals flood that area to hunt, you'll be lucky to find a camp spot & the National Forest above Gunner Pool (that's were we were) is heavily hunted until Dec.
Good to know. I may just need to book a site at a state park well in advance. just got back from Devil's Den 2 weeks ago and really like that area - may be a repeat for Oct.