Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
How far above the tree line? What altitude were you at? Years ago i watched a documentary of how food was produced with limited water and how the food was grown that didn't freeze due to the climate.

I think about what the New World would have looked like with the Aztecs expanding North and South, and the Incas empire expanding North along the Pacific Mexican coast, and the Spanish not arriving for 100-200 more years. The Mayans, by then, were fading and in decline. Those of us in North America get European history and a smattering of Mexican/Caribbean. You have to take advanced courses, to get Central and Southern...New World history.

It's definitely frosty:laughing:...there.

Last edited:

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

How far above the tree line? What altitude were you at? Years ago i watched a documentary of how food was produced with limited water and how the food was grown that didn't freeze due to the climate.

I think about what the New World would have looked like with the Aztecs expanding North and South, and the Incas empire expanding North along the Pacific Mexican coast, and the Spanish not arriving for 100-200 more years. The Mayans, by then, were fading and in decline. Those of us in North America get European history and a smattering of Mexican/Caribbean. You have to take advanced courses, to get Central and Southern...New World history.

It's definitely frosty:laughing:...there.
Hi Desert Runner! I don't know exactly. I might it was around 2 thousands meters above the tree line. There we was on 4,5 thousands meters of altitude, on a very dry and frosty region (it's a desert: -6c at nigth, and 32c at the day). It was fantastic. I realize the scarcity about the south history for americans and the scarcity about the history of the old civilizations on Americas for all off us. So, if you never been here, I encourage you to visit our continent and feel on your skin a litle bit of descendent Incas and indians culture. I'm an apaixonate about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabjku