Camp Photos!

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Member III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
How far above the tree line? What altitude were you at? Years ago i watched a documentary of how food was produced with limited water and how the food was grown that didn't freeze due to the climate.

I think about what the New World would have looked like with the Aztecs expanding North and South, and the Incas empire expanding North along the Pacific Mexican coast, and the Spanish not arriving for 100-200 more years. The Mayans, by then, were fading and in decline. Those of us in North America get European history and a smattering of Mexican/Caribbean. You have to take advanced courses, to get Central and Southern...New World history.

It's definitely frosty:laughing:...there.

Last edited:

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V

Member III

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

How far above the tree line? What altitude were you at? Years ago i watched a documentary of how food was produced with limited water and how the food was grown that didn't freeze due to the climate.

I think about what the New World would have looked like with the Aztecs expanding North and South, and the Incas empire expanding North along the Pacific Mexican coast, and the Spanish not arriving for 100-200 more years. The Mayans, by then, were fading and in decline. Those of us in North America get European history and a smattering of Mexican/Caribbean. You have to take advanced courses, to get Central and Southern...New World history.

It's definitely frosty:laughing:...there.
Hi Desert Runner! I don't know exactly. I might it was around 2 thousands meters above the tree line. There we was on 4,5 thousands meters of altitude, on a very dry and frosty region (it's a desert: -6c at nigth, and 32c at the day). It was fantastic. I realize the scarcity about the south history for americans and the scarcity about the history of the old civilizations on Americas for all off us. So, if you never been here, I encourage you to visit our continent and feel on your skin a litle bit of descendent Incas and indians culture. I'm an apaixonate about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabjku

Charles M

Rank V

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham Callsign
K1CJM
Desert camping near Duck Flats Northern Nevada
20171103_090650.jpg

The below camping spot is in the canyons of the mountains in the photo above.
20180608_082452.jpg

Spring camping and fishing 7 miles west of Silverton Colorado.
20180818_082305.jpg

Great fishing area this is Hat Creek not far from Lassen Nationl park in Northern California.
20180901_095706.jpg

Last edited:

Northernlady

Rank V
Benefactor

Pathfinder I

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Robwrts
Member #

Spring Camping in Northern BC and yes there is still ice on the lake but it was melting fast!!

Attachments

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham Callsign
KA7HOS