Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Sally & I took off for a few day up in bear country in the Ozark National Forest for some cool weather dispersed camping.
We went way back in the woods, not one individual was seen except a U.S. Forest Ranger & a Game Warden driving by. I took a 1\4 rick of firewood & when we are about to leave for home today I had 6 pieces of firewood left.

Our 1st night was 25 degrees w\ day time high of 50. The second night was 37 degrees w\ high of 64. We were camping on a ridge line with great view of the Ozarks where we star @ gazed & went for walks.
One morning Sally made breakfast cinnamon rolls with the Camp Chef Everest Stove & the Coleman Camp Oven & hot coffee, that was some fine eat'n right there, with a big slab of butter melting on top.
The Renogy solar system kept our battery charged & cell phones charged, NO signal but a telemarketer manage to get threw while we were up their.

Rain was in the forcast tonight (Thrusday) & some thunder boomers & heavy rain for Friday, so we headed back to home. Great trip, re-freshing, the overland camping trailer pulled nice & held up great down those secluded forest roads with a few more rock chips on the fenders.
Tons of coyotes howling @ night & a bunch of wild hogs moved threw by our camp last night.
View attachment 51039 View attachment 51040 View attachment 51041 View attachment 51042 View attachment 51043 View attachment 51044 View attachment 51045
Nice pictures.. I see a Zodi Hot shower set up. How do you like it? I have been eyeballing them on and off for awhile now.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Last edited:

Terex

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Taos, NM
What kind of Grand Cherokee is that? I’m looking at the wk2 and wondering how you like it and how the 4x4 system works and how it tows. Sorry for off topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an Overland Diesel with ORII pneumatic suspension, giving it close to a foot of ground clearance. After the OE tires wore down, I replaced them with BFG KO2 LT tires. Drives like I always thought it should now. It's my wife's DD, easily fits into our heated garage, and she loves it. I just sold my Rubicon 2dr. and bought a ZR2 diesel for even more off-roadability. Oh, and it tows our trailer great. The self leveling suspension combined with the rear camera make it really easy to hook up and tow.

Last edited:

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

I had big plans for a multi-month long adventure in the USA. It started out amazing. I got myself to Moab to 'settle in' for a month, but the adventure was derailed within a week by an unexpected phone call. I can't get into details, but I've got to rescheduled the adventure. Maybe this fall now.

None-the-less, it was an adventure and I made sure to enjoy every minute that I was able to spend in the area.

This was "home base" for a few nights. I had a ground tent (not shown) in the photo, just to save my spot for each day I rolled out to find adventure, otherwise I sleep in the Jeep (video on the sleep system here).

erniejohnsonDOTca-2004 by e j, on Flickr

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I had big plans for a multi-month long adventure in the USA. It started out amazing. I got myself to Moab to 'settle in' for a month, but the adventure was derailed within a week by an unexpected phone call. I can't get into details, but I've got to rescheduled the adventure. Maybe this fall now.

None-the-less, it was an adventure and I made sure to enjoy every minute that I was able to spend in the area.

This was "home base" for a few nights. I had a ground tent (not shown) in the photo, just to save my spot for each day I rolled out to find adventure, otherwise I sleep in the Jeep (video on the sleep system here).

erniejohnsonDOTca-2004 by e j, on Flickr
Sorry things got derailed, man; sounds like you'd been planning for awhile. Hope things get resolved best way possible and that you can get back out soon.

See you out there somewhere, someday. . .

Road