Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

Jeep Hiker

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver, Co 80216
Member #

I had big plans for a multi-month long adventure in the USA. It started out amazing. I got myself to Moab to 'settle in' for a month, but the adventure was derailed within a week by an unexpected phone call. I can't get into details, but I've got to rescheduled the adventure. Maybe this fall now.

None-the-less, it was an adventure and I made sure to enjoy every minute that I was able to spend in the area.

This was "home base" for a few nights. I had a ground tent (not shown) in the photo, just to save my spot for each day I rolled out to find adventure, otherwise I sleep in the Jeep (video on the sleep system here).

erniejohnsonDOTca-2004 by e j, on Flickr
Nice Set Up!

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

no off-road disperse camping this trip, this time we asphalt hard rock'n camping. We went with our son & his family to Devils Fork on Greers Ferry Lake here in Arkansas. My son has a RV 30ft tow behind. I BBQ'd smoked 8 lb boston butt for pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, 12 hr cook over 14lbs charcoal & hickory chunks (photo is 5 hrs into the cook), cole slaw, BBQ baked beans, Andrew & the family brought dessert. Watched the twin girls play with Sadie our rat terrier & each other. Great visit & relaxing time. Friday night Sally & I cooked in the Seth McGinn's Can Cooker: made Dr. Pepper Chicken, boy that was good. They had Greers Ferry Bass tournament going, @ 56 boat tournament on Saturday morning with weigh in @ 3:15pm. We sat @ camp watch all the bass fishing from super nice boats in the tournament . Got sun burnt a little, had some visitors asking about the overland camping trailer. Super great time with the family. Saw a fellow overlander while we were leaving Devils Fork camp ground stopped off & chatted with him & we checked each others trailers for hour before we headed home & exchanged phone numbers, good feller from Louisiana.002.JPG 003.JPG 006.JPG 008.JPG 007.JPG 014.JPG 012.JPG 018.JPG 017.JPG

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
no off-road disperse camping this trip, this time we asphalt hard rock'n camping. We went with my son & his family to Devils Fork on Greers Ferry Lake here in Arkansas. My son has a RV 30ft tow behind. I BBQ'd smoked 8 lb boston butt for pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, 12 hr cook over 14lbs charcoal & hickory chunks (photo is 5 hrs into the cook), cole slaw, BBQ baked beans, Andrew & the family brought dessert. Watched the twin girls play with Sadie our rat terrier & each other. Great visit & relaxing time. Friday night Sally & I cooked in the Seth McGinn's Can Cooker: made Dr. Pepper Chicken, boy that was good. They had Greers Ferry Bass tournament going, @ 56 boat tournament on Saturday morning with weigh in @ 3:15pm. We sat @ camp watch all the bass fishing from super nice boats in the tournament . Got sun burnt a little, had some visitors asking about the overland camping trailer. Super great time with the family. Saw a fellow overlander while we were leaving Devils Fork camp ground stopped off & chatted with him & we checked each others trailers for hour before we headed home & exchanged phone numbers, good feller from Louisiana.View attachment 55250 View attachment 55251 View attachment 55252 View attachment 55253 View attachment 55254 View attachment 55255 View attachment 55256 View attachment 55257 View attachment 55258
That makes my mouth water seeing the BBQ..... :tongueout: :sunglasses:

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

Sally & I took off for a few day up in bear country in the Ozark National Forest for some cool weather dispersed camping.
We went way back in the woods, not one individual was seen except a U.S. Forest Ranger & a Game Warden driving by. I took a 1\4 rick of firewood & when we are about to leave for home today I had 6 pieces of firewood left.

Our 1st night was 25 degrees w\ day time high of 50. The second night was 37 degrees w\ high of 64. We were camping on a ridge line with great view of the Ozarks where we star @ gazed & went for walks.
One morning Sally made breakfast cinnamon rolls with the Camp Chef Everest Stove & the Coleman Camp Oven & hot coffee, that was some fine eat'n right there, with a big slab of butter melting on top.
The Renogy solar system kept our battery charged & cell phones charged, NO signal but a telemarketer manage to get threw while we were up their.

Rain was in the forcast tonight (Thrusday) & some thunder boomers & heavy rain for Friday, so we headed back to home. Great trip, re-freshing, the overland camping trailer pulled nice & held up great down those secluded forest roads with a few more rock chips on the fenders.
Tons of coyotes howling @ night & a bunch of wild hogs moved threw by our camp last night.
View attachment 51039 View attachment 51040 View attachment 51041 View attachment 51042 View attachment 51043 View attachment 51044 View attachment 51045
Looks like a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ArkansasDon

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
Wow. Some great set ups... I'm more of a KISS camper. This is my usual load out when heading into the woods. A bit more food, a bit more water and a bit more comfort when the woman joins me.

A good folding table has become a necessity when taking the better half and our furbabies around.

All this fancy ass gear and over packed set ups... I sometimes sit around and dream of it when I'm chillin solo.

Sometimes you gotta rough it to appreciate the comforts we all take for granted.