Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

yea, I got cabin fever bad this year. just itchin to go somewhere too. Plus the price of gas has me stoked.
lol

The weather just sucks, then as soon as it gets nice I am so over-ran with work that I don't hardly have time.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

[QUOTE="Sucks there's no real trails around me.[/QUOTE]

Our brother members in California, Oregon, and Wash, sure have it nice there as far as Parks, trails, woods, lakes and beaches to go to. We here, in Minnesota may have 10,000 lakes, but we don't have many trails to choose from.

BigTuna117

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

Even though it was probably one of the clunkiest setups I've had, There's alot of good memories in this setup. This was in early 2014, In the woods in Flagstaff. I was a volunteer at Overland Expo that year.

Although it's a messy setup, the things that make it so memorable is the fact that most of this gear is the gear we used camping in my childhood, pulled out of storage and put back into service. Minus the tent, water jerry's, and they yeti cooler in the background (which wasn't even mine, we just had them next to my jeep so that they were in the shade most of the day), most of this gear hadn't seen daylight in about 14 years, since my parents bought a motorhome and began camping out of that. The thing that makes this setup great is that everything works, and has a function. Although the Generator went out in the coleman stove (Hey, it lasted the past 70ish years without a problem!) There were plenty of other stoves there that I could use. I have since refined this kid, made it smaller in some ways, but a lot of it still sees use in the modern setup.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Even though it was probably one of the clunkiest setups I've had, There's alot of good memories in this setup. This was in early 2014, In the woods in Flagstaff. I was a volunteer at Overland Expo that year.

Although it's a messy setup, the things that make it so memorable is the fact that most of this gear is the gear we used camping in my childhood, pulled out of storage and put back into service. Minus the tent, water jerry's, and they yeti cooler in the background (which wasn't even mine, we just had them next to my jeep so that they were in the shade most of the day), most of this gear hadn't seen daylight in about 14 years, since my parents bought a motorhome and began camping out of that. The thing that makes this setup great is that everything works, and has a function. Although the Generator went out in the coleman stove (Hey, it lasted the past 70ish years without a problem!) There were plenty of other stoves there that I could use. I have since refined this kid, made it smaller in some ways, but a lot of it still sees use in the modern setup.
if it works, it works! The memories are an added bonus!

BigTuna117

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

Another good coincidence is that Red Wj there. He upgraded to a clayton 6" lift, and I bought the IRO 3" he was running. the lift has been on 2 rigs and is still going strong!

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army

I love that Coleman 2 burner. My setup is actually not very different from yours.

Reactions: BigTuna117

BigTuna117

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

I love that Coleman 2 burner. My setup is actually not very different from yours.
It's cozy, it's functional, and it works! Another interesting bit is the mat underneath the table near the stove: It's the floor mat from my first vehicle, an 88 Jeep XJ.