gritt

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Buford, GA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
R
I would love some info on how you created those side covers for your bed cap. I run a cap on my truck and haven't come up with quite as efficient solution as what you have there.

SugarFreeShooter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Powell, OH, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PRJ
I would love some info on how you created those side covers for your bed cap. I run a cap on my truck and haven't come up with quite as efficient solution as what you have there.
I cut the shapes out of a canvas tarp from Harbor Freight, and sewed velcro strips along the top. Matching velcro is glued to the inside of my tonneau cover. The flaps are cut to droop partway down the fender, and can be hooked to the fender with bungies tied into the grommets. i still need to design proper back flap to keep wind and rain out though. I have something made from the leftover tarp, but it's not ideal.PSX_20220120_170804.jpg

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I cut the shapes out of a canvas tarp from Harbor Freight, and sewed velcro strips along the top. Matching velcro is glued to the inside of my tonneau cover. The flaps are cut to droop partway down the fender, and can be hooked to the fender with bungies tied into the grommets. i still need to design proper back flap to keep wind and rain out though. I have something made from the leftover tarp, but it's not ideal.View attachment 221533
I dig the oversize OB rear window sticker in the back pickup's window. On another note, just the right amount of snow,........enough to appreciate it, but not enough to get stuck in it .:blush:

D

Deleted member 14476

Spent four days out at Parker with the Maverick shooting for our race team at the Parker 425.

Wasn’t bad at all living out of it with my girlfriend, little crammed but now considering buying a RTT I can interchange between this truck and the Silverado to help create a little more room.

I also included my personal favorite picture that I got from the race.

Attachments

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

What's with all the hoods being open? :dizzy:
The day had been hot - 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) and we had been working the motors hard due to the conditions, so we always raise our bonnets to allow for the engines to cool down.

Plus it gives us a chance to inspect them for oil leaks etc.

Karl

TCBTacoma

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butt
Member #

There's been an evolution to the camp setup, and this was mostly for learning what I wanted to build out. The ML350 is not a great vehicle to take places that require much more than a *bumpy* road, but it was a start for what I wanted to learn before investing in a proper build (and given the Tacoma in my username, you can guess what I'm building out).
Start:
1FE9AC1E-5BCA-4F41-926B-0C9C7F5427A7_1_105_c.jpeg
Latest (yea, decided the SUV tent wasn't the best idea in the end):
24F702A9-8D23-402F-BFDC-21BEA792556B_1_105_c.jpeg
I like to get to camp before the weekend rush, so have a *work from camp* setup:
1E85C13B-D88D-4D21-B9DB-FC132F0553B8_1_105_c.jpeg

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
The day had been hot - 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) and we had been working the motors hard due to the conditions, so we always raise our bonnets to allow for the engines to cool down.

Plus it gives us a chance to inspect them for oil leaks etc.

Karl
That's a good idea, thanks for the response.