Enthusiast I

Atlanta
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Good Afternoon All,

I have a few questions to the guys in Tennessee and Kentucky... Who is familiar with the Kentucky Bourbon Trail? Are there any Adjacent off road trails? What campsite would you recommend? or should i just take pavement, and just go have fun at a nearby OHV Park? Which OHV Park? I'm looking at three or four days to go visit Louisville, Bardstown, Frankfort, and Lexington. Any ideas or suggestions and advice is Greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Virginiawilderness

KiloMike4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lewisville, NC, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Good Afternoon All,

I have a few questions to the guys in Tennessee and Kentucky... Who is familiar with the Kentucky Bourbon Trail? Are there any Adjacent off road trails? What campsite would you recommend? or should i just take pavement, and just go have fun at a nearby OHV Park? Which OHV Park? I'm looking at three or four days to go visit Louisville, Bardstown, Frankfort, and Lexington. Any ideas or suggestions and advice is Greatly appreciated.
I'm not an expert. But I was in west TN/KY a few weeks ago and had the opportunity to go through Land Between the Lakes and it was absolutely awesome. There are quite a few off road opportunities there and camping spots. It was beautiful.
https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/

I did stop in at the Casey Jones Distillery in Hopkinsville. It's more of a moonshine throwback distillery and I don't think it's on the Bourbon trail but I'd still recommend it. The Kentucky Damn was also worth the trip. Good luck and have fun in your travels.

Reactions: Corey Webb

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Good Afternoon All,

The wife and I went out to the Lexington area this past summer in July. I also looked around for trails to take and I downloaded some on the gaia app. Here is the link to what others sent to me

Kentucky Trails

I wasn't able to do any of these trails as time did not permit and they were kinda far away from Lexington where we were staying each night. We did do a few things while we were there but offroading was not one of them unfortunately. The trails are on the east side of the state and most of the Bourbon Distilleries on on the west side and central part of the state. The Land Between the Lakes is also not around any of the distilleries but maybe you can hit it on the way there or back.

Corey Webb

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Webb
Member #

I'm not an expert. But I was in west TN/KY a few weeks ago and had the opportunity to go through Land Between the Lakes and it was absolutely awesome. There are quite a few off road opportunities there and camping spots. It was beautiful.
https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/

I did stop in at the Casey Jones Distillery in Hopkinsville. It's more of a moonshine throwback distillery and I don't think it's on the Bourbon trail but I'd still recommend it. The Kentucky Damn was also worth the trip. Good luck and have fun in your travels.
Wow!, Thanks!

Corey Webb

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Webb
Member #

The wife and I went out to the Lexington area this past summer in July. I also looked around for trails to take and I downloaded some on the gaia app. Here is the link to what others sent to me

Kentucky Trails

I wasn't able to do any of these trails as time did not permit and they were kinda far away from Lexington where we were staying each night. We did do a few things while we were there but offroading was not one of them unfortunately. The trails are on the east side of the state and most of the Bourbon Distilleries on on the west side and central part of the state. The Land Between the Lakes is also not around any of the distilleries but maybe you can hit it on the way there or back.

Thanks A lot! I really Appreciate the info!