Bonjour from France

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member from Marseille (south east of France). I own and overland with a trusty 93 Jeep xj modified over the years to meet my specific needs and likings.

I did a few trip in the french Alps, center of france, Crossed the spains mountains from Mediterranean sea to the Atlantic ocean in the spring snows, and a few round trip in Corsica.

Regarding the Jeep and the mods :
- OME springs & Bilstein 5100 (love them)
- Led light bar front & rear + philips x-race vision
- Good sets of tires proven in all conditions including deep snow (BFG all terrain + goodyear wrangler duractracs)
- homemade rusty Roofrack
- 8Kw Hotshower system w/50 litre tank and thermostat (also useful for dishes, cleaning the car, ...)

Next should be building the cargo aera for good storage, a rooftop tent, and homemade mattracks as a project.

If you have any questions or want some infos for trails in france and north spain, I'll do my best to help :)

See you on the forum

(apparently I can't post instagram pictures) If you want to have a look at the jeep :
https://www.instagram.com/johan.lio/

Reactions: Joey83 and Chadlyb

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

Welcome to the forums! There is a Mid Europe section here where folks can plan local meet ups. What city in France? I'm less than a hr from the French/German boarder.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member from Marseille (south east of France). I own and overland with a trusty 93 Jeep xj modified over the years to meet my specific needs and likings.

I did a few trip in the french Alps, center of france, Crossed the spains mountains from Mediterranean sea to the Atlantic ocean in the spring snows, and a few round trip in Corsica.

Regarding the Jeep and the mods :
- OME springs & Bilstein 5100 (love them)
- Led light bar front & rear + philips x-race vision
- Good sets of tires proven in all conditions including deep snow (BFG all terrain + goodyear wrangler duractracs)
- homemade rusty Roofrack
- 8Kw Hotshower system w/50 litre tank and thermostat (also useful for dishes, cleaning the car, ...)

Next should be building the cargo aera for good storage, a rooftop tent, and homemade mattracks as a project.

If you have any questions or want some infos for trails in france and north spain, I'll do my best to help :)

See you on the forum

(apparently I can't post instagram pictures) If you want to have a look at the jeep :
https://www.instagram.com/johan.lio/
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures. Love that tunnel drive.

PeterC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Duiven, Netherlands
First Name
Peter
Last Name
C
Member #

Hi Johan,
Nice jeep and nice pics on Insta!
Feels weird saying welcome to the forum, I'm just as new myself here.

We will be going to your area in a few weeks. July/August for 2 weeks well be there. Would be sweet if we could go take a drive together?

Or just coffee under the jeep?

Cordialment,
Peter

Reactions: johan_overlander

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Bonjour from the southwest part of Norway! :D

Check out @ALNSM_Overland here, he is also french.

Welcome to Overland Bound buddy, I'm planning on visiting France/Normandy in july 2019.

Joey

Reactions: ALNSM_Overland

Enthusiast I

@ALNSM_Overland : Bien ça ! Ca n'a pas l'air de courrir les rues ici :) Tu as des voyages/expéditions de prévues ?!

@Joey83 : Sweet ! If you need any advice on route planning, I can be of some help in south east quarter of France if you ever need ! I also plan some trips in Norway and I'll need some advice regarding seasons/routes/weather and what's doable !

@PeterC : Thanks for getting in touch with me on Instagram, Hopefully we'll find some time and hopefully it won't be under a broken jeep haha !

Reactions: Joey83