Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Info about this route is posted at https://www.overlandtraxx.com/post/big-sur-adventure-route-epic (see the alternative route)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YbfDv90jjAmUH499EcIt6be1yHNWlFeC&usp=sharing

A 2 night trip that begins by passing through eastern slopes of the Santa Lucia mountains, before we make our way to the ridges and western slopes above highway 1. Expect a family oriented trip that is suitable for beginner offroaders, big on views and places to explore! We'll meet at Starbucks in King City at 4pm before we make our way up to camp near the historic Indians area. **Please note that in order to access The Indians area (Old Milpitas Rd), we'll pass through Fort Hunter Liggett Military Base west of King city, so make sure your registration and ID are in order (you should be find otherwise!).

View Rally Point
Last edited:

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK
interested ! thanks for the invite

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Thanks for the invite, but I’ll be working that weekend. We should schedule another trip early spring time.

emonomics

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, CA, USA
First Name
Emerson
Last Name
L
Member #

A couple weeks ago fires were not allowed up on Plaskett Ridge. Not sure about the rest of LPNF. I will have to be tentative on this, sounds like a great run!

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Hey Emonomics--

You are correct, there is a campfire ban outside of most developed campsites in Big Sur at the moment. However, for night 1 we'll be literally right at the border of the NF park boundary, so perhaps we find a spot that's out of the NF's jurisdiction. For night 2, we will definitely be camping within NF managed lands and in a primitive site.

Big Blue

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336; HAM:
Sounds like an awesome trip. Please post some pics afterwards.

Connilee

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Mill valley, CA
First Name
Connilee
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Bummer I want more beginner trips for my new 07 100 series land cruiser :-) but I’m returning from a work trip this wknd :-( so Bummed! This sounds like so much fun!

reasley

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jamestown, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Not enough notice. I am already commuted tp a run in the Sierras. As a side note my fathers name was Ben Easley

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

yo y
If possible, I can meet y'all Sat morning or super late Friday night?
Up to you!! There are a number of potential campsites in the Indians area (night 1). If you're good with navigating maps (google maps or gaia), I think you should be able to find us. I've dropped red pin markers at the potential campsites in the posted google map. We'll probably explores the caves and pinnacles around the Indians area before we head over to South Coast Road-- but I'm not sure what time this will happen. If you come to the Indians area early Saturday, that might be the way to go. I'll post info regarding communications as well, which would allow you to get in touch with us.

Reactions: AL.WVSN

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Might be interested in tagging along on Saturday for a day trip. Hunted the area a few times, but it has been years. I'll see if I can figure the map and pinned spots. I'll post again Thursday if the day trip is a go. May still go to Frank Raines for the day on Saturday.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Might be interested in tagging along on Saturday for a day trip. Hunted the area a few times, but it has been years. I'll see if I can figure the map and pinned spots. I'll post again Thursday if the day trip is a go. May still go to Frank Raines for the day on Saturday.

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Might be interested in tagging along on Saturday for a day trip. Hunted the area a few times, but it has been years. I\'ll see if I can figure the map and pinned spots. I\'ll post again Thursday if the day trip is a go. May still go to Frank Raines for the day on Saturday.
Let us know Jim! All of the ocean views are on day 2 & 3 of the trip-- definitely not any trip like Hollister or Frank Raines though. We'll be passing back through Jolon ( about 5 miles south west of King City) on Saturday. I'm expecting we'll leave the Indians area no later than 11a in order to give us time to explore South Coast Road.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

yo y

Up to you!! There are a number of potential campsites in the Indians area (night 1). If you're good with navigating maps (google maps or gaia), I think you should be able to find us. I've dropped red pin markers at the potential campsites in the posted google map. We'll probably explores the caves and pinnacles around the Indians area before we head over to South Coast Road-- but I'm not sure what time this will happen. If you come to the Indians area early Saturday, that might be the way to go. I'll post info regarding communications as well, which would allow you to get in touch with us.
I tried clicking on the map and I think it isn't working. Is it working for anyone else?

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Rally Point is being super buggy, so it won't let me edit my original event at this time. Here's a working link to the map in Google Maps:

Reactions: AL.WVSN

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

Thanks - I will do my best to meet up with you guys at 4 - if not i will see you guys at the camp site.