Rank III

Enthusiast III

Taylors, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hayslip
Member #

I have a 3/4 ton, but I don't see why the same question wouldn't apply.

Let me start by saying (and this is just my opinion, for what it's worth) do NOT count on fix-a-flat and/or tire plugs alone, you NEED a spare of at least matching diameter (roll-out is technically what matters, width etc. doesn't). During my Joshua Tree/Mojave trip a month or so back we came across an older couple with a Lexus GX and a flat. They had a full size spare, and my group began preparing to swap it for them (I already had the offending corner jacked up) but it turns out they didn't have their wheel lock key. We put 4-5plugs in the cut (it was a cut, more than a puncture) and the couple had emptied a can or more of fix-a-flat into it, but it was barely holding air. We limped them back to civilization, going .5-1 mile, then stopping to air them back up with my onboard compressor (I'd run ahead, so when I found a good turnout I'd stop, fire up the compressor, and get the line ready to go before they even pulled up... Broverlanding NASCAR style) and only left them once they were on pavement with solid cell signal and AAA on the way. Had we not come along (or another group that would actually stop, apparently some just drove right by before us) they would have ended up driving out on the flat (which was totally doable where they were, but would have tore the tire/rim up and perhaps caused some body damage).

In my experience the flats you get off pavement are rarely, if ever, fixable by fix-a-flat. Even plugs are often not that effective since it always tends to be a gash from a rock or piece of root or something more than a pure "puncture" like you'd get from a nail or screw around town. A spare is a must.

My solution is a RIG'd tire swing. I really, really like it. High quality stuff and it also gives me quick access to a table (a must for Broverlanding), a place for my trash bag and chainsaw, and a place for a water jug for a quick-access hand/dish wash station. Yes, it's one more step to get into the Fourwheel Camper, but it's like 10 seconds to open the thing, NBD.

View attachment 229618

View attachment 229617

View attachment 229619

-TJ
The Rig’d is my next purchase for Tahoe. No more days of crawling under the vehicle.
what are you using for a Jack to lift to change wheels?

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

Here she is all finished (for now) 2022 F150 Tremor with decked system and leer cap. Love this set up.
Very Niice! what Leer cap is that? Love the gull-wing sliders. Also how much space (inches) to you have from the top of the Decked to the bottom of the inside of the cap? Cheers!

RedDogMaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE USA
First Name
RDog
Last Name
Master
2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4x4 Checking in! We use the F-250 for extended trips hauling our inTech Sol Horizon-Rover Camper Trailer and have a 2022 Tacoma for day trips etc. The Tacoma can pull the inTech trailer but we'd rather use the full size pickup for trailering the camper!
My avatar pic of the F-250 is in Moab, UT!

Mikethemuse

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Forest Falls, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Creighton
Member #

Here she is all finished (for now) 2022 F150 Tremor with decked system and leer cap. Love this set up.
Very Niice! what Leer cap is that? Love the gull-wing sliders. Also how much space (inches) to you have from the top of the Decked to the bottom of the inside of the cap? Cheers!
It’s the LEER XR100. Havnt measured but there is a ton of room with the decked. At least 2.5ft

Reactions: dp454so

RedDogMaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE USA
First Name
RDog
Last Name
Master
For those with a half-ton pickup. What do you do about a spare? Do you carry a full size spare in the factory spare location? Or do you rely on having a flat fix kit handy?
kalinut,
I keep a full size spare BF G KO2's in 35"x12.5xR18 in the bed on a CargoGlide system. Not ideal but works for me.

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
Appreciate it Mr. Clark. There may be hope for me yet. Not sure if it'll help but I'm looking for something like the "hybrid" or even more for the "adventure" models from CBI. Sensor holes, Grille guard, high clearance, winch, D-ring tabs, lights, etc. Will articulate more in the email!

hybrid: Toyota Tundra Baja Hybrid Front Bumper | 2014-2021
adventure: Toyota Tundra Adventure Series Front Bumper | 2014-2021
I don't think I ever got an email. There is a grille guard add on option. This bumper includes D rings (kind of hard to see in the photo), sensor holes available, high clearance, winch mount for 12K winch, room for tons of lights, etc. try peter@baselineoverland.com

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
I take it they don't make any winch-ready versions? I have a 2011 Silverado 2500HD and really want a good winch bumper, but I basically hate all of them (yes, yes, I know: function first but hey we're Broverlanders, looks matter!).

-TJ
There is a winch ready version for the '11 2500. Looks similar to this. I'll see if I can find photos. shoot me an email peter@baselineoverland.com11 silverado 2500 octane bumper.jpg

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #