GRestuccio

Rank V

Contributor III

Roseville, Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Restuccio
Recently added to the group! Have a 2021 75th Anniversary Ram PW. I have added a Retrax cover, AMP Research steps, and ceramic window tint so far. Looking at 37’s and new wheels.

Won’t let me upload a photo.

17” AEV wheels with 37x12.50-17 BFG KO2. Perfect setup on stock PW suspension, no rubbing for most driving
Love this. Looking at the AEV saltas with 37”. Suspension will come later. Any other recommendations?
It all depends on what you want to do. I’m still running stock plus the fox2.5 and loving it
Nothing too crazy. That looks nice! Is that the light bar from Ellis designs?

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
Recently added to the group! Have a 2021 75th Anniversary Ram PW. I have added a Retrax cover, AMP Research steps, and ceramic window tint so far. Looking at 37’s and new wheels.

Won’t let me upload a photo.

17” AEV wheels with 37x12.50-17 BFG KO2. Perfect setup on stock PW suspension, no rubbing for most driving
Love this. Looking at the AEV saltas with 37”. Suspension will come later. Any other recommendations?
It all depends on what you want to do. I’m still running stock plus the fox2.5 and loving it
Nothing too crazy. That looks nice! Is that the light bar from Ellis designs?
Yes Ellis bar and sliders

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
Here's my old full size rig for our family of 6.

Baseline_Overland_Yukon_XL_Suburban_07_14_Roof_Rack.JPG2007 - 20014 Suburban Roof Rack  Baseline Overland.JPG2007 - 20014 Suburban Roof Rack Baseline Overland Velocirax Chassis Unlimited Bumper.JPG

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Roof Rack - baselineoverland.com - I made my own after not being able to find anything. Now we manufacture them.
Front Bumper - Chassis Unlimited baselineoverland.com Once again could not find anything, but was able to modify a Sierra bumper to work. Now we are dealer for these.
Warn EVO 12S w/ Factor 55 flat link
Icon 2.5 Coilovers at 2.5" lift front (71505)
Icon 2.0 rear shocks (76526)
Cognito Upper Control Arms
Dobinson 2" lift rear springs (C09-045)
Air Lift helper bags (you need 60912 or 60913 for Dobinson springs)
SDE magneride and autoride delete shockdeletes.com
Redarc Tow Pro Elite trailer brake controller
OptimataYellow Top Battery
K&N cold air intake
JET Performance Throttle Body
33" Goodyear Ultraterrain tires on Vision Turbine wheels (20"). (for sale in the Boulder, CO area)

Future plans include:
2 speed 4wd transfer case swap (hit me up if you know anything about doing this to an AWD!)
17" wheels and 35s.

4:10 gears (probably) Open to feedback on changing from the stock G80 to a Detroit Truetrac or other locker
maybe rock sliders
planning to fab some skid plates and maybe some rear molle panels and a rear drawer system.

GRestuccio

Rank V

Contributor III

Roseville, Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Restuccio

View attachment 228517View attachment 228518View attachment 228519

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Roof Rack - baselineoverland.com - I made my own after not being able to find anything. Now we manufacture them.
Front Bumper - Chassis Unlimited baselineoverland.com Once again could not find anything, but was able to modify a Sierra bumper to work. Now we are dealer for these.
K&N cold air intake
33" Goodyear Ultraterrain tires on Vision Turbine wheels (20"). (for sale in the Boulder, CO area)

Future plans include:
2 speed 4wd transfer case swap (hit me up if you know anything about doing this to an AWD!)
17" wheels and 35s.

4:10 gears (probably) Open to feedback on changing from the stock G80 to a Detroit Truetrac or other locker
maybe rock sliders
planning to fab some skid plates and maybe some rear molle panels and a rear drawer system.
Welcome to OB! Love the rig.

Mikethemuse

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Forest Falls, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Creighton
Member #

New full size rig here! Sold my 2017 Tacoma and went full size for more room for the family. Getting things set up before overland expo west in may. Got a decked system and a LEER camper shell on order that should be delivered and installed in 2 weeks! I already love the truck. 2022 F150 Tremor.

Attachments

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

Aliquippa, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY
Reactions: mrpeterclark

kalinut

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Metuchen, NJ, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Festa
Member #

I'm planning a trip through Arizona this summer and wanted to get some recommendations about suspension tires and wheels from folks who have taken a full size pickup through trails in that area. I have a Fox 2.0 suspension with re-arched leafs and 285/70R17 General Grabbers. So with suspension and tires I'm up about 2.5 inches from stock. I've seen videos of F150's navigating Broken Arrow with what looks like not much more than what I've got. I'm hoping to get to some 4wd only locations like old Indian ruins near Montezuma Castle.

Any recommendations from those who have been there? Is my current articulation and clearance setup gonna be woefully inadequate? What's the best way to get advanced intel on whether or not I can manage a particular trail before I get so far in that I ruin my day because I had to throw in the towel?

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

View attachment 228517View attachment 228518View attachment 228519

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
K&N cold air intake

Future plans include:
17" wheels and 35s.

maybe rock sliders
Love that Yukon and the front bumper doesn’t have the “Bubba Gump” syndrome many full-size bumpers do. Do you make them for ‘16 silverados by chance?

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
Love that Yukon and the front bumper doesn’t have the “Bubba Gump” syndrome many full-size bumpers do. Do you make them for ‘16 silverados by chance?
We are a dealer for them. Yes there is a '16 Silverado version. even lower profile than mine. Manufactured by Chassis Unlimited. I would be glad to help get it going for you. info@baselineoverland.com
Slverado 16-18 Octane Bumper.png

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

We are a dealer for them. Yes there is a '16 Silverado version. even lower profile than mine. Manufactured by Chassis Unlimited. I would be glad to help get it going for you. info@baselineoverland.com
View attachment 229413
Appreciate it Mr. Clark. There may be hope for me yet. Not sure if it'll help but I'm looking for something like the "hybrid" or even more for the "adventure" models from CBI. Sensor holes, Grille guard, high clearance, winch, D-ring tabs, lights, etc. Will articulate more in the email!

hybrid: Toyota Tundra Baja Hybrid Front Bumper | 2014-2021
adventure: Toyota Tundra Adventure Series Front Bumper | 2014-2021

Last edited:

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

View attachment 229413
I take it they don't make any winch-ready versions? I have a 2011 Silverado 2500HD and really want a good winch bumper, but I basically hate all of them (yes, yes, I know: function first but hey we're Broverlanders, looks matter!).

-TJ

Reactions: dp454so

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

I take it they don't make any winch-ready versions? I have a 2011 Silverado 2500HD and really want a good winch bumper, but I basically hate all of them (yes, yes, I know: function first but hey we're Broverlanders, looks matter!).

-TJ
I'll forever quote you on this term: "Broverlander". :sunglasses:

I'd even argue that form with a bumper that impedes approach angle so much, as is typical with these full size winch bumpers, do not even function that well!

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I'll forever quote you on this term: "Broverlander". :sunglasses:

I'd even argue that form with a bumper that impedes approach angle so much, as is typical with these full size winch bumpers, do not even function that well!
Yeah, I cut mine a lot and still get slight tire rub on some of the inner support stuff for the inner wheel well liners at just the "wrong" combo of articulation and steering angle after the SAS:

1651616182546.png

I'd be all for a clean bumper that got me room for a (big) winch, and maybe some additional lighting. At some point I'll break-down and go with one of the fat-lip options if I have to (I'm sure it'll only take getting stuck once and being too heavy for most of my group to pull out to make me do it).

-TJ

kalinut

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Metuchen, NJ, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Festa
Member #

For those with a half-ton pickup. What do you do about a spare? Do you carry a full size spare in the factory spare location? Or do you rely on having a flat fix kit handy?

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

For those with a half-ton pickup. What do you do about a spare? Do you carry a full size spare in the factory spare location? Or do you rely on having a flat fix kit handy?
Good question. I’ll be trying to stuff a full size 305 into the factory spare location but will move it if I can find a way to get an aux fuel cell in that location. Then the full size spare will go on the bumper of a yet to be purchased or built bumper.

Reactions: Desert Runner

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I have a 3/4 ton, but I don't see why the same question wouldn't apply.

Let me start by saying (and this is just my opinion, for what it's worth) do NOT count on fix-a-flat and/or tire plugs alone, you NEED a spare of at least matching diameter (roll-out is technically what matters, width etc. doesn't). During my Joshua Tree/Mojave trip a month or so back we came across an older couple with a Lexus GX and a flat. They had a full size spare, and my group began preparing to swap it for them (I already had the offending corner jacked up) but it turns out they didn't have their wheel lock key. We put 4-5plugs in the cut (it was a cut, more than a puncture) and the couple had emptied a can or more of fix-a-flat into it, but it was barely holding air. We limped them back to civilization, going .5-1 mile, then stopping to air them back up with my onboard compressor (I'd run ahead, so when I found a good turnout I'd stop, fire up the compressor, and get the line ready to go before they even pulled up... Broverlanding NASCAR style) and only left them once they were on pavement with solid cell signal and AAA on the way. Had we not come along (or another group that would actually stop, apparently some just drove right by before us) they would have ended up driving out on the flat (which was totally doable where they were, but would have tore the tire/rim up and perhaps caused some body damage).

In my experience the flats you get off pavement are rarely, if ever, fixable by fix-a-flat. Even plugs are often not that effective since it always tends to be a gash from a rock or piece of root or something more than a pure "puncture" like you'd get from a nail or screw around town. A spare is a must.

My solution is a RIG'd tire swing. I really, really like it. High quality stuff and it also gives me quick access to a table (a must for Broverlanding), a place for my trash bag and chainsaw, and a place for a water jug for a quick-access hand/dish wash station. Yes, it's one more step to get into the Fourwheel Camper, but it's like 10 seconds to open the thing, NBD.

20220408_142403.jpg

20220407_194722.jpg

20220408_202609 (1).jpg

-TJ

kalinut

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Metuchen, NJ, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Festa
Member #

Good question. I’ll be trying to stuff a full size 305 into the factory spare location but will move it if I can find a way to get an aux fuel cell in that location. Then the full size spare will go on the bumper of a yet to be purchased or built bumper.
Thanks for the reply. I have a full size spare in my factory spare location right now. 285/70R17 fits fine. Looks like 296/70R17 will also fit. Not sure about 305.

kalinut

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Metuchen, NJ, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Festa
Member #

I have a 3/4 ton, but I don't see why the same question wouldn't apply.

Let me start by saying (and this is just my opinion, for what it's worth) do NOT count on fix-a-flat and/or tire plugs alone, you NEED a spare of at least matching diameter (roll-out is technically what matters, width etc. doesn't). During my Joshua Tree/Mojave trip a month or so back we came across an older couple with a Lexus GX and a flat. They had a full size spare, and my group began preparing to swap it for them (I already had the offending corner jacked up) but it turns out they didn't have their wheel lock key. We put 4-5plugs in the cut (it was a cut, more than a puncture) and the couple had emptied a can or more of fix-a-flat into it, but it was barely holding air. We limped them back to civilization, going .5-1 mile, then stopping to air them back up with my onboard compressor (I'd run ahead, so when I found a good turnout I'd stop, fire up the compressor, and get the line ready to go before they even pulled up... Broverlanding NASCAR style) and only left them once they were on pavement with solid cell signal and AAA on the way. Had we not come along (or another group that would actually stop, apparently some just drove right by before us) they would have ended up driving out on the flat (which was totally doable where they were, but would have tore the tire/rim up and perhaps caused some body damage).

In my experience the flats you get off pavement are rarely, if ever, fixable by fix-a-flat. Even plugs are often not that effective since it always tends to be a gash from a rock or piece of root or something more than a pure "puncture" like you'd get from a nail or screw around town. A spare is a must.

My solution is a RIG'd tire swing. I really, really like it. High quality stuff and it also gives me quick access to a table (a must for Broverlanding), a place for my trash bag and chainsaw, and a place for a water jug for a quick-access hand/dish wash station. Yes, it's one more step to get into the Fourwheel Camper, but it's like 10 seconds to open the thing, NBD.

View attachment 229618

View attachment 229617

View attachment 229619

-TJ
Thanks for the confirm. I'm trying to avoid the expense of getting a tire swing given that my vehicle is on pavement over 90%, service roads 8% and true offroad almost never. But I suspect I should get something to keep the tire up high because getting out from under is probably difficult if your in deep.