Tomar

Rank III

Enthusiast I

UK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Morgan
nice trucks, but not what I expected full sized rigs to look like.
TBH I was expecting 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 overland trucks.
with luck maybe some will appear here.
Some pics of our 2003 MAN LE 18.280 4x4 which we hope to be in the US with before too long.

Attachments

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Found this side of the forum and it just made me happy. I already have a head start on my build because I cant leave anything alone. But here's a picture of my rig. If your interested in a list of mods let me know. I am also a active member on Ford Truck Enthusiast (FTE) if your a member.

667DA3CD-39AF-414F-BF4F-B9DA19E866F0.jpeg

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Found this side of the forum and it just made me happy. I already have a head start on my build because I cant leave anything alone. But here's a picture of my rig. If your interested in a list of mods let me know. I am also a active member on Ford Truck Enthusiast (FTE) if your a member.

View attachment 168153
Right on! Expeditions have to be the ultimate all-around Overlanding, or should I say Expedition Rig!?! So much room inside, could put 2 darn RTTs on if you had a big family (or just a TON of gear on a rack), high carrying capacities, and some interesting drivetrains... if you avoid the 6.0 PSD (hopefully I'm not causing any offense). Very cool.

-TJ

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

I stayed clear from the 6.0 although they do seem to have most of the issues with them worked out with a proper bullet proofing. Mine has the 7.3. I have logged many miles in It traveling to stay connected with family spread over the US. Just a small correction Expeditions are the little brother to the Excursion. :smirk: I did finally find a parts list to mont a roof rack that runs the full length of the roof. Most kits stop just before the front door seem. Not sure which route I will take but will be ether a Frontline or Rhino rack. Then comes the burning question, to RTT or not to RTT... I found a Ground tent I really like and will be purchasing it this week (got put on a special list to get one) until I can make that decision. It’s one of those ShiftPod2 tents, looks like it belongs on Mars. In preparation for our exploration trips I have found myself hiding from the credit card state meant this month. Lol

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I stayed clear from the 6.0 although they do seem to have most of the issues with them worked out with a proper bullet proofing. Mine has the 7.3. I have logged many miles in It traveling to stay connected with family spread over the US. Just a small correction Expeditions are the little brother to the Excursion. :smirk: I did finally find a parts list to mont a roof rack that runs the full length of the roof. Most kits stop just before the front door seem. Not sure which route I will take but will be ether a Frontline or Rhino rack. Then comes the burning question, to RTT or not to RTT... I found a Ground tent I really like and will be purchasing it this week (got put on a special list to get one) until I can make that decision. It’s one of those ShiftPod2 tents, looks like it belongs on Mars. In preparation for our exploration trips I have found myself hiding from the credit card state meant this month. Lol
Sorry, my morning coffee must not have kicked in earlier, of course that's an Excursion not Expedition, I must have been too tied up in making my bad pun. Anyway, yes Excursion is what I meant. Giant size, solid axles, great diesel in that 7.3 you have etc. Just a GREAT Overland rig.

-TJ

Bigfoot107

Rank II

Contributor III

Janesville MN
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Menze
Member #

What is the biggest rig in this group? I currently don't have a rig, but I'm looking for ideas. My goal is more of a recovery or base-camp type of set up versus a rock crawler. Thank you very much!

bamnq6

Rank 0

Traveler I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Marti
Hello all-

Happy to be here ya'll, just picked up this 2020 Power Wagon. Sliders are on order, early next year I'll be looking for a shell. Planning for adventure with myself and the doggo sleeping in the bed (will likely build a platform). We're looking at a yank behind for adventures when the wifey joins... Power Wagon at Lake House.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hello all-

Happy to be here ya'll, just picked up this 2020 Power Wagon. Sliders are on order, early next year I'll be looking for a shell. Planning for adventure with myself and the doggo sleeping in the bed (will likely build a platform). We're looking at a yank behind for adventures when the wifey joins... View attachment 172244
Congrats, she's looking good!

CubbyXL7

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

New to the OB community, but been a Jeeper for a number of years. That being said, had to sell the Jeep and began mod’ing my 2007 Expedition.

Background was to ask - have you looked at Rola Racks. I found one that runs the entire length of my OEM cargo rails. A few pics below.

Also realized as I was adding the photos, you mentioned reaching the front doors, so don’t know if this what you would be looking for.

Attachments

Last edited:

CubbyXL7

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

View attachment 168153
Also, forgot to ask, is that an Ironbull Bumper?

iamsuperdan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stony Plain, AB
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Here's a few of my bigger trucks over the years. Not including my current 99 Tahoe.

I've always had a penchant for larger trucks. I used to trade out quite regularly, but over the past year or so I've kind of settled on what I like.

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Here's a few of my bigger trucks over the years. Not including my current 99 Tahoe.

I've always had a penchant for larger trucks. I used to trade out quite regularly, but over the past year or so I've kind of settled on what I like.
Nice collection!

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Just wanted to throw this in as I get started. More details on my build thread.

View attachment 170046
Link to build thread. Not a lot of actual build yet but accruing parts and pieces...

Reactions: Sparksalot