Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Currently on our 6th year of fulltime travel, these are the best apps that we've found. I wrote an article on them and what we use them for if you are interested. You can read that here.

• Campendium
  • Allstays Camp & RV
  • iOverlander
  • Gaia GPS
  • The Dyrt

I'm curious if there are any campground or campsite apps you use regularly that are actual apps? (Not Google Earth or anything of that nature)

Want to make sure we aren't missing out on any that we should be using.

Thanks in advance!

Eric, Brittany, and Caspian aka Jeepsies
#OB14045

Reactions: Wallygator

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Currently on our 6th year of fulltime travel, these are the best apps that we've found. I wrote an article on them and what we use them for if you are interested. You can read that here.

• Campendium
  • Allstays Camp & RV
  • iOverlander
  • Gaia GPS
  • The Dyrt
I'm curious if there are any campground or campsite apps you use regularly that are actual apps? (Not Google Earth or anything of that nature)

Want to make sure we aren't missing out on any that we should be using.

Thanks in advance!

Eric, Brittany, and Caspian aka Jeepsies
#OB14045
VERY nice...thanks! The wife and I are retired and just started camping and traveling last year and we are lost as a goose when it comes to finding sites. We use a road atlas and usually grab some brocheures at tourist info places and wing it off of that and talking to camp hosts and stuff, but that only goes so far. You just laid a beautiful bunch of resources out there that are leaps and bounds ahead of what we are currently using. Much appreciated!

Reactions: Hourless Life

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

VERY nice...thanks! The wife and I are retired and just started camping and traveling last year and we are lost as a goose when it comes to finding sites. We use a road atlas and usually grab some brocheures at tourist info places and wing it off of that and talking to camp hosts and stuff, but that only goes so far. You just laid a beautiful bunch of resources out there that are leaps and bounds ahead of what we are currently using. Much appreciated!
Happy to do it. Please let us know if you have any questions about the apps we suggested!

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

I have 2 of the 5 you listed. I installed Campendium and like it. Thanks for sharing.
Campendium is great! Glad you checked it out. I wish I could sit with all of these developers at once and share with them the information we actually need for fulltime travel. The things that are important to us. Most of these apps have great information, but none of them have everything we need in one place. We'll see the game is getting more competitive for sure!

Reactions: Stomper4x4

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Campendium is great! Glad you checked it out. I wish I could sit with all of these developers at once and share with them the information we actually need for fulltime travel. The things that are important to us. Most of these apps have great information, but none of them have everything we need in one place. We'll see the game is getting more competitive for sure!
Hopefully the GPS app that OB is working on will address our all in one need.

Reactions: Hourless Life

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I seriously cannot wait for the official Oveland Bound app. When is it coming out? Any scuttlebutt @Michael or @Corrie ??
& @Nate the Great

Hey guys - v .9 is due the first half of July, and at that point we will consider letting in a small test group. The member map will be later in the summer and navigation the first half of next year. The OLB app will be a software as a service, and new features will be added and refined with feedback from you! We are really very exited about the design and the completeness of the platform. Threads like this will help inform the future roadmap. Its your app!

M

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

& @Nate the Great

Hey guys - v .9 is due the first half of July, and at that point we will consider letting in a small test group. The member map will be later in the summer and navigation the first half of next year. The OLB app will be a software as a service, and new features will be added and refined with feedback from you! We are really very exited about the design and the completeness of the platform. Threads like this will help inform the future roadmap. Its your app!

M
Count me in on Beta if you’re willing. Really stoked to try it and would love to provide regular feedback to make it the best it can be for the OB crew.

Eric

Stomper4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redding, California
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

I use Backcountry Navigator XE instead of Gaia. I'm just a rebel like that. They are similar. I just like how Backcountry works.