Beavers Bend/Broken Bow, Oklahoma

• HTML tutorial

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

Maybe we should get a group to go check it out?
I 100% agree with you. Also, FYI theres a group called Konza Overland that I just got involved with through a friend and we are doing the Kickapoo Trail March 24th and 25th. Trail is mainly dirt roads but we're going to camp and cruise around. Check them out on FB if you're interested.

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
I saw this thread before my wife and I went to Hochatown on a trip. We pulled the Jeep up there and made a loop around the lake one day. It rained all day but we still had a good time. We started in Hochatown and took 259 north to the river crossing north of the lake on the map provided here. Followed basically the same route all the way back to hwy 70. I detoured to the right after the 2nd water crossing just looking around and it turned out to be our favorite part of the trip. It led up and across hee mountain. The trail turns out to be a dead end but has a bunch of awesome views and u wind around the top of the mountain for a couple miles. Most of the eastern section of this map is just county roads that go through a lot of timber land that look like deer leases and not much to look at. We never had a problem with going on private land. Everything has gates. We will be going back but I think we will just do more exploring in the national forest vs making the complete loop around. It rained basically our whole trip but it was still beautiful. My phone isn’t letting me post pics on here. They are on my thread in the new members section if u would like to check them out.

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
I am new here but would love to know how to access the trail map you went on?
we went back 2 weeks ago for a day trip. Referenced between this map for the forest service and the map on my GAIA app on my phone. You can click on a trail on the forest service map and it lets u know the trail number, whether it is closed or not and what vehicles are able to use that trail. I am new to this and learning too. It is a beautiful area with miles and miles of trails. We literally saw 2 vehicles the whole day in the national forest and they were on the main road.

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

I'm Looking at possibly hitting this way for Labor Day, are there spots to camp along the trails i'll be pulling a trailer? does anyone have a GPX file? Thanks in advance!!!

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Plenty of dispersed sites. Many with plenty of room for a trailer. I suggest just going up and start hitting the dirt roads and you won't be on there long before you start finding sites.

Reactions: Raw Xpedition

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I'm Looking at possibly hitting this way for Labor Day, are there spots to camp along the trails i'll be pulling a trailer? does anyone have a GPX file? Thanks in advance!!!
I'll share a few GAIA waypoints for ya here to get you started.

This one is creek side with a pull though that should work for your trailer. Last time I was there the creek was flowing and made for a nice place ot stay as I could cool off in the creek.

Should be enough room at this one to get turned around. It is a dead end road here but plenty of space. Close to a river access. Last time we were here it was pretty well flooded up close to the site.

There's tons to explore and tons of dispersed camp sites that are easily accessible.

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

I'll share a few GAIA waypoints for ya here to get you started.

This one is creek side with a pull though that should work for your trailer. Last time I was there the creek was flowing and made for a nice place ot stay as I could cool off in the creek.

Should be enough room at this one to get turned around. It is a dead end road here but plenty of space. Close to a river access. Last time we were here it was pretty well flooded up close to the site.

There's tons to explore and tons of dispersed camp sites that are easily accessible.

Thank you

Patassa

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Guillory
Member #

Just using the forest service road layers on my Gaia map, it looks like is possibly an endless maze of dirt roads to go discovering and camping on. I think I'll take a couple of buddies up there first of December and maybe to some fishing on the Glover or small creeks and camp for the weekend. Will be coming from Louisiana.

1605050370762.png

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Just using the forest service road layers on my Gaia map, it looks like is possibly an endless maze of dirt roads to go discovering and camping on. I think I'll take a couple of buddies up there first of December and maybe to some fishing on the Glover or small creeks and camp for the weekend. Will be coming from Louisiana.

View attachment 176373
Watch out for Side by sides in that area. It'll probably be too chilly for swimming but there's a nice pull off here that has running water and it's about waist deep so you can float around in it if you want. Nice little site if you like the sound of a creek.

Reactions: Patassa

Patassa

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Guillory
Member #

Watch out for Side by sides in that area. It'll probably be too chilly for swimming but there's a nice pull off here that has running water and it's about waist deep so you can float around in it if you want. Nice little site if you like the sound of a creek.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up and the map!

Reactions: Downs