Beavers Bend/Broken Bow, Oklahoma

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

The GrooGrux King

Rank VI

Traveler I

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Went back up there this weekend, while it was drizzling. The fog made for some cool shots and sketchy trailing. My phone isn’t letting me pull the photos from the cloud to post them. I’ll see about posting from the laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: BikeHauler

SPJEEP4x4

Rank II

Contributor III

Wichita, KS
Member #

Maybe we should get a group to go check it out?
I 100% agree with you. Also, FYI theres a group called Konza Overland that I just got involved with through a friend and we are doing the Kickapoo Trail March 24th and 25th. Trail is mainly dirt roads but we're going to camp and cruise around. Check them out on FB if you're interested.

Weston

Rank I

Traveler I

East tx
I saw this thread before my wife and I went to Hochatown on a trip. We pulled the Jeep up there and made a loop around the lake one day. It rained all day but we still had a good time. We started in Hochatown and took 259 north to the river crossing north of the lake on the map provided here. Followed basically the same route all the way back to hwy 70. I detoured to the right after the 2nd water crossing just looking around and it turned out to be our favorite part of the trip. It led up and across hee mountain. The trail turns out to be a dead end but has a bunch of awesome views and u wind around the top of the mountain for a couple miles. Most of the eastern section of this map is just county roads that go through a lot of timber land that look like deer leases and not much to look at. We never had a problem with going on private land. Everything has gates. We will be going back but I think we will just do more exploring in the national forest vs making the complete loop around. It rained basically our whole trip but it was still beautiful. My phone isn’t letting me post pics on here. They are on my thread in the new members section if u would like to check them out.

Weston

Rank I

Traveler I

East tx
I am new here but would love to know how to access the trail map you went on?
we went back 2 weeks ago for a day trip. Referenced between this map for the forest service and the map on my GAIA app on my phone. You can click on a trail on the forest service map and it lets u know the trail number, whether it is closed or not and what vehicles are able to use that trail. I am new to this and learning too. It is a beautiful area with miles and miles of trails. We literally saw 2 vehicles the whole day in the national forest and they were on the main road.

Reactions: BikeHauler