• HTML tutorial

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Hi All,
Unfortunately I just found out that I'm on call the weekend of the 28th so if you guys meet at a restaurant before the trail run I might be able to meet up for that but I won't be able to do the trail run as I'll need constant cell signal and the ability to head out quickly if needed.. :disappointed:

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Sounds like Oct. 28th may not be a good date after all. Even a problem for us as the night before we have a wedding related event. Is Nov. 18th a better date? Does that Saturday on the weekend before T-giving become a problem?

Cindy and I went up yesterday and we checked out Helen proper and this time of year our options for space is HIGHLY limited at best. The parking itself may likely cost us $3 to $5 a vehicle. I checked out Smithgall Woods State Park just outside Helen on 75A and they even charge per vehicle for entry. Plus this is a hunting and fishing preserve so Saturday's might get a bit crowed. We stopped at the Mt. Yonah Traihead parking lot and it will work but for a Wednesday midday, we were surprised at the number of cars there so we wondered what a fall Saturday would be like. Should still be room if early but getting towards midday, that may change.

Couple of miles back down the road in Cleveland is an Ingles Grocery Store with large parking lot and that may work as well. FYI, they make a damn good sub sandwich at the Ingles Deli.

If we still want to do the 28th, I'm game and at the moment it seems the interest on the 28th is waning.

Doug C

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jasper, Georgia, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Camara
Member #

Holy cow! Looks like I've missed a lot of info. Not sure why I wasn't getting alerts on my phone?? I can't do the 28th as I'll just be getting back into town. November isn't an issue. Keith, sorry I missed all this I would've gone up to Helen with you. I was actually on the GA Traverse in the Clayton area on Wednesday checking it out.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Holy cow! Looks like I've missed a lot of info. Not sure why I wasn't getting alerts on my phone?? I can't do the 28th as I'll just be getting back into town. November isn't an issue. Keith, sorry I missed all this I would've gone up to Helen with you. I was actually on the GA Traverse in the Clayton area on Wednesday checking it out.
We ended up at Tallulah Gorge. LOL!

I did pick up an ARB portable air compressor and ARB air down tool yesterday at 4 Wheel Parts and I've ordered Decked Drawers for the Tundra as well. Even with the wedding coming up I managed to slip that one in but then Cindy has been telling me to order the drawers since we saw them at Expo so we both are guilty of that one. :laughing:

Last edited:
Reactions: WillRunner

Doug C

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jasper, Georgia, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Camara
Member #

We ended up at Tallulah Gorge. LOL!

I did pick up an ARB portable air compressor and ARB air down tool yesterday at 4 Wheel Parts and I've ordered Decked Drawers for the Tundra as well. Even with the wedding coming up I managed to slip that one in but then Cindy has been telling me to order the drawers since we saw them at Expo so we both are guilty of that one. :laughing:
Good deal! My rock slider steps just showed up. Probably get those installed the end of the month. That's it for this year for me.

Reactions: WillRunner

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

I think November 18 will work better for me and it sounds like Ingles is a good meeting spot!

Hey if you guys need any help with your installs let me know... I love wrench days, I can be a good assistant or a good supervisor with an ice cold one in my hand. :laughing:

Reactions: Doug C

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

Personal update: I won't be able to attend any thing from now thru mid December. I'm beginning an intense programming course Monday 10/16. And if it's anything like the last couple i'll be swamped, and glued to the internet for references. Of course i'll still follow the forum and be in touch. Tread lightly and have fun out there guys!!

Reactions: Doug C

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Personal update: I won't be able to attend any thing from now thru mid December. I'm beginning an intense programming course Monday 10/16. And if it's anything like the last couple i'll be swamped, and glued to the internet for references. Of course i'll still follow the forum and be in touch. Tread lightly and have fun out there guys!!
Congrats on the new job training opportunity, I hope you're well compensated for your dedicated efforts.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

I work for UPS so once we hit T-giving week, I'm on the shelf until after Christmas.

Tonelero

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

The 18th looks good for me. I’m not getting alerts on my phone for some reason, so I need to come and check it out more often.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

2 other items:

1) To the South Carolina folks, I'm hoping at some point in the near future to make a Saturday run up to Southeast Overland in Seneca for a quick shopping trip and just supporting businesses that support Overlanding. When this comes about, I'll post up my trip and to the Upstate SC folks, would enjoy meeting up with those who can or can't make the 11/18th meetup.

2) Another option to get notified of a post is to pick the email option. Just an FYI.

Reactions: k9sar

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Nothing changes, I'll create a meetup for Nov.18th in Cleveland Georgia at the Ingles on Georgia 75. Does 9 am or there abouts work? That time is not hard and fast but just a general idea. This gives time to socialize and then we can hit trails or whatever. I'm going to also make this a combo NE Ga./NW Upstate SC meetup with the goal of meeting up with Upstate SC Overlanders too.

I'll create the formal meetup announcement latter part of the week.

Reactions: iLuddite