Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Half app/half not question. As my annual membership was coming up (June 24th), I went ahead and upgraded to the Expedition Tier in the app last night. Now when I look at the online, it still shows my Adventure Tier set to auto-renew in 2 days. Are these actually separate memberships at this point or does the Expedition Tier on the app include the Adventure membership for the other stuff? Or more to the point, do I need to let the online membership autorenew, or would the upgrade I did online replace?

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Question for @Michael, will there be classes for the OB1 App at Overland Expo East this year?
Well shut my mouth, that’s a really good idea. Now ya got me thinking. We’ll pursue thus with the Expo crew. Might be too late this year, but definitely next year.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Nope - this is because you are on the Rally Point Map tab - so the "+" is contextual. Go to the plan tab and you should see the add location option. Still working on streamlining UI - that can be confusing.
Not sure why this one came back up, I asked this question back on May 19th and @M Rose steered me in the right direction back then, totally user nitwitness on my behalf at the time..lol I am still all good on that issue, but sure I have more issues stashed away for later:) but thanks again to both of you!
I do think this aspect of the interface is confusing. Not surprised it came back up.

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Half app/half not question. As my annual membership was coming up (June 24th), I went ahead and upgraded to the Expedition Tier in the app last night. Now when I look at the online, it still shows my Adventure Tier set to auto-renew in 2 days. Are these actually separate memberships at this point or does the Expedition Tier on the app include the Adventure membership for the other stuff? Or more to the point, do I need to let the online membership autorenew, or would the upgrade I did online replace?
You should only have one subscription and expedition provides everything included in Adventure. Was adventure purchased on web? Pm me so I can take care of this for you.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well shut my mouth, that’s a really good idea. Now ya got me thinking. We’ll pursue thus with the Expo crew. Might be too late this year, but definitely next year.
Maybe if not at the official Expo classrooms you could set something up at the Overland Bound tent! There will be one at Overland East this year I hope!

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Hey Everyone,
Just downloaded the OB1 app last night. I have not made a decision as to which level to purchase. I created a path on Google Earth, saved it and imported it to the OB1 app. Everything went smooth (although I was a bit annoyed by all the questions the required filling in for a route I had no idea about the trail) then I save the route as a private trail and a window popped up telling me that my route was submitted for review? I remember mIchael mentioning that in the video but here is my question.
-if I pull into Flagstaff with a route north of town loaded on my device and a fire has closed that area, do I have to go through the “review” process when I adjust my plans and decide to explore the south area below flagstaff? What if it is Friday night and I want to hit the trail first thing in the morning? Am I missing something? Also, how do I find out my trail has been approved? Thanks!

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hey Everyone,
Just downloaded the OB1 app last night. I have not made a decision as to which level to purchase. I created a path on Google Earth, saved it and imported it to the OB1 app. Everything went smooth (although I was a bit annoyed by all the questions the required filling in for a route I had no idea about the trail) then I save the route as a private trail and a window popped up telling me that my route was submitted for review? I remember mIchael mentioning that in the video but here is my question.
-if I pull into Flagstaff with a route north of town loaded on my device and a fire has closed that area, do I have to go through the “review” process when I adjust my plans and decide to explore the south area below flagstaff? What if it is Friday night and I want to hit the trail first thing in the morning? Am I missing something? Also, how do I find out my trail has been approved? Thanks!
There is a notion of a quick save that will save only to your device. I don't know all the ins and outs of that but it should do what you want.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Everyone,
When importing a trail for your own use (private), just type some random stuff in the descriptions. You will have the ability to go back and edit later if/when you make the track public. As for the review part… private tracks don’t go in for review. I can only review public tracks and POIs.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Hey Everyone,
When importing a trail…..private tracks don’t go in for review.

Just did a test and set the trail to private:

Attachments

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

that’s what I said already. Ohh well.
sorry, I hit the send send button. First, thank you for your help.

You said private trails do not go in for review? When I hit save, as you can see from the screen shot “submitted for review”.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
sorry, I hit the send send button. First, thank you for your help.

You said private trails do not go in for review? When I hit save, as you can see from the screen shot “submitted for review”.
I don’t see it here on my end…I see a POI afor a trailhead you added, but nothing for a GPX track.

Last edited:

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Hey Everyone,
@Kent R, thanks Kent.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Private does go to Approval (Review), not sure why as I had 2 POI's this weekend and they was private but when I approved them I seen they was switched to Public... THis is a new thing (Bug?) as it never happened before, I have sent msg to Michael already.....

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
No review, in the above situation, you would be following a trail/track and if at anytime you deviate the app should just show you not on the trail anymore....

Did I understand your question right?

Jim

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

No review, in the above situation, you would be following a trail/track and if at anytime you deviate the app should just show you not on the trail anymore....

Did I understand your question right?

Jim

Yes, that sounds like what happened to me. When I went back to the two test trails I noticed the label had changed to “public” which would have send them for approval. Thanks.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Thanks Jim. It happened again, and I made sure I hit the private button but it still went in for approval. Sorry to clog up the forum (maybe private messages would be better?) how do I delete the trails once they are created? I searched through a few of Michael’s videos and did not see that covered. Thank you so much!