Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
are there downloadable instructions one can get for all this? I guess I'm just an old guy because even if the videos are out they just move faster than I learn. and the forums are great but when I'm on a trail or out for the weekend I can't pull up the forum to answer a question about a button or a how to and its frustrating to just click buttons until the map is a mess and I'm pissed.
Hi Barney!

It's been a busy day! I got your message as well - but thought I would answer here for everyone's info!

Written documentation is currently in development, but not done yet unfortunately. In the meantime, I'm glad to answer your questions here about things you are trying to do.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Am I correct in assuming that the Expedition Tier upgrade needs to be purchased through the app rather than on the website store? I was looking around the store today, but don't see anywhere to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Am I correct in assuming that the Expedition Tier upgrade needs to be purchased through the app rather than on the website store? I was looking around the store today, but don't see anywhere to do that.

Correct at this time. I moved the "Bug" question to that section...

Jim

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

Hi Barney!

It's been a busy day! I got your message as well - but thought I would answer here for everyone's info!

Written documentation is currently in development, but not done yet unfortunately. In the meantime, I'm glad to answer your questions here about things you are trying to do.
Thank you Michael.

Reactions: Michael

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

I have a gpx map a friend sent me. I’d like to load it on my OB1. I have expedition level. How do I upload a map?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@barnstormers fallow the screenshots below in order after opening OB1 to the map tab.

Start by clicking the plus at the lower right hand corner.
B97D97FF-F111-40D5-AA1B-77610A9A65E6.jpeg

Next select add location
0F904A38-CD45-4F9F-A824-BD4E04DF81F9.jpeg

Location Type needs to be a off-road trail
DECAE946-486F-4272-9778-84DE172AB5AF.jpeg3E149430-5539-4618-AF92-78F253212831.jpeg

Upload GPX Track… on the next screen not pictures you have the option to make the track public or private.
4503A1F3-D873-4F69-BCDE-5A89F959D618.jpeg

Finish filling out the details of the GPX track. Start with giving it a name, add a picture if you have one, give it a description. Then click creat

3F874E55-2BD8-4A75-9CC1-77B77CF4C6ED.pngafter

Reactions: barnstormers

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
@barnstormers fallow the screenshots below in order after opening OB1 to the map tab.

Start by clicking the plus at the lower right hand corner.

Next select add location

Location Type needs to be a off-road trail

Upload GPX Track… on the next screen not pictures you have the option to make the track public or private.

Finish filling out the details of the GPX track. Start with giving it a name, add a picture if you have one, give it a description. Then click creat

after
Mike, when i click the yelow plus at the bottom of my map it goes to create rally point , no option to add location.. Is thiis due to being a legacy member and not expedition tier? was trying to uplaod GPX from Gaia from my trip last week. Thanks

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Mike, when i click the yelow plus at the bottom of my map it goes to create rally point , no option to add location.. Is thiis due to being a legacy member and not expedition tier? was trying to uplaod GPX from Gaia from my trip last week. Thanks
Dave, on the map are you looking at the event tab or planning tab. You need to be on the planning tab inorder to crate a POI or add a GPX file. As far as Expedition Tier… I don’t know… @Michael???

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Dave, on the map are you looking at the event tab or planning tab. You need to be on the planning tab inorder to crate a POI or add a GPX file. As far as Expedition Tier… I don’t know… @Michael???
Ok, I missed the little tabs at the top, switching to the planning tab did the trick, changes the function of the add button and now the upload works. Nice that you can enter all kinds of details about the route, and make it public or private. Getting more happy with the app the more i discover what it will do. Thank you

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Ok, I missed the little tabs at the top, switching to the planning tab did the trick, changes the function of the add button and now the upload works. Nice that you can enter all kinds of details about the route, and make it public or private. Getting more happy with the app the more i discover what it will do. Thank you
You’re welcome

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

If I have a lat/longitude location, how do I search for it on a map. Was hoping I could just type it in a search and have the map find it.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Michael needs to answer this…. But I think so.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael needs to answer this…. But I think so.
Nope - this is because you are on the Rally Point Map tab - so the "+" is contextual. Go to the plan tab and you should see the add location option. Still working on streamlining UI - that can be confusing.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Nope - this is because you are on the Rally Point Map tab - so the "+" is contextual. Go to the plan tab and you should see the add location option. Still working on streamlining UI - that can be confusing.
Not sure why this one came back up, I asked this question back on May 19th and @M Rose steered me in the right direction back then, totally user nitwitness on my behalf at the time..lol I am still all good on that issue, but sure I have more issues stashed away for later:) but thanks again to both of you!

Reactions: Michael and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Not sure why this one came back up, I asked this question back on May 19th and @M Rose steered me in the right direction back then, totally user nitwitness on my behalf at the time..lol I am still all good on that issue, but sure I have more issues stashed away for later:) but thanks again to both of you!
It’s a glitch on my end….

Reactions: OTH Overland