mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Is there a trick to deleting saved content? I've been trying to stop maps from downloading on my tablet but no luck.

I also have waypoints that sit loading for over five minutes . I would like to delete them.

Thanks

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Is there a trick to deleting saved content? I've been trying to stop maps from downloading on my tablet but no luck.

I also have waypoints that sit loading for over five minutes . I would like to delete them.

Thanks
Manage your data via gaiagps.com

Reactions: mep1811

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Reactions: 1Louder

Adventurer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Puyallup, Washington, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
E
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 and I can’t get Gaia to download on to it. It says it will not work with my browser or something along those lines. Any one else able to download it on yours?
Are you installing the Gaia app from the Play Store?
I’m downloading it from the play store website because it Gaia does not show up in the play store. I read if you download through Google Chrome it works but that didn’t work for me.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Having a problem deleting waypoints.. Also the folder still shows, but the route is gone.
So far I've: Opened the folders section and un sync'ed it. Opened the waypoints and un sync'ed them. Tried deleting first from the folders section, then from the file itself, and now from the waypoints.. No Joy

What simple step did I miss?

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I can get a track to work, but not a route...
Error:
"IGC file does not contain any location samplesCannot locate 'trk' element(s) "
Never tried it with a route. I think there are some free online tools to convert from route to track. I have never had the need. Must be how the xml data is written.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Never tried it with a route. I think there are some free online tools to convert from route to track. I have never had the need. Must be how the xml data is written.
I do like it! The beta player is cool! Shows most all of the data the GPS collects. Shame I can't use it on a route I create.. I may just have to fire up the Windows laptop and head for Google Earth Pro for that (ugh).

My first try at it! Did a screen recording to only capture a portion of the track. Byways no Highways Sandwich Notch Fly-by

Reactions: 1Louder

Adventurer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

First Name
Jason
Last Name
E
I know it’s in google play but it does not show up on my google play store. I think because it is not compatible. That is why I try to download it from the website. That’s what I’m trying to fix on my tablet. Here is the first two pages that shows up on my google play when I type in Gaia GPS.

Attachments

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I know it’s in google play but it does not show up on my google play store. I think because it is not compatible. That is why I try to download it from the website. That’s what I’m trying to fix on my tablet. Here is the first two pages that shows up on my google play when I type in Gaia GPS.
Look at the minimum requirements list that Gaia has. Maybe your Tablet is too old. Play store says Android 5.0 and up.

Reactions: Adventurer

Adventurer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

First Name
Jason
Last Name
E
Yup I’m running 4.4.2 not 5 that is why. Thank you for that!
Look at the minimum requirements list that Gaia has. Maybe your Tablet is too old. Play store says Android 5.0 and up.

Cambo5150

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Forgive my ignorance. I’m new to the off grid navigation game. I have a Garmin in reach explorer plus and I also have a late model iPad with WiFi and cellular. So, if I want to navigate where there is no cellular service I have to use my Garmin Inreach paired with my iPad correct? I haven’t purchased any navigation software yet. I’m considering a Gaia subscription. If there’s a good article or YouTube video you can recommend to get me started I’d be grateful. Thanks.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Forgive my ignorance. I’m new to the off grid navigation game. I have a Garmin in reach explorer plus and I also have a late model iPad with WiFi and cellular. So, if I want to navigate where there is no cellular service I have to use my Garmin Inreach paired with my iPad correct? I haven’t purchased any navigation software yet. I’m considering a Gaia subscription. If there’s a good article or YouTube video you can recommend to get me started I’d be grateful. Thanks.
Nope, your iPad with cell data had a gps built in... just download the map tiles from Gaia that you will need for your route... reads this whole thread, it explains how to do everything you need to do.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Has anyone had a satellite map fail to download? I recently downloaded 7 different maps and every single layer other than satellite was downloaded successfully.

Reactions: Ubiety