GlennP

Rank 0

Traveler I

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Parker
New member fron NE Arizona, Apache County, Witch Well!
Striving for Keep it Simple and budget adventure - daily off road experience but beginner Overlander so probly not rock crawling!
I have camping space at the property
Welcome!, I love that area! I travel thru it often.

Kodiaktundra907

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Glendale, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Edwin
Last Name
Micael
Member #

Hi fellow Arizonans.
Been out of OB community for a long while. Moved to Glendale from a small town in Alaska with my 2011 FJ Cruiser. Pretty much a weekend warrior as of now (work limits me from wandering out too long) since me and the wife been here. Just visiting the long easy drive to the touristy spots. Hoping to get out more in the back roads soon though. The FJ is my daily driver so if anybody see me just give me a wave, honk, high beam.

Attachments

Reactions: freak4life

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi fellow Arizonans.
Been out of OB community for a long while. Moved to Glendale from a small town in Alaska with my 2011 FJ Cruiser. Pretty much a weekend warrior as of now (work limits me from wandering out too long) since me and the wife been here. Just visiting the long easy drive to the touristy spots. Hoping to get out more in the back roads soon though. The FJ is my daily driver so if anybody see me just give me a wave, honk, high beam.
Hello Edwin
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

Ant_Man1120

Rank II

Contributor III

Glendale, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Clutter
Member #

Hello fellow Arizonans!

I'm based in Glendale. Driving a 2015 4Runner SR5, usually with a Starcraft 17BH travel trailer in tow when I'm camping/overlanding. Had this setup for almost 3 years now, which is about all of the overlanding experience I have as well.

Looking forward to interacting with this group more!

IMG_7297.JPG

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello fellow Arizonans!

I'm based in Glendale. Driving a 2015 4Runner SR5, usually with a Starcraft 17BH travel trailer in tow when I'm camping/overlanding. Had this setup for almost 3 years now, which is about all of the overlanding experience I have as well.

View attachment 206573
Well, Howdy from Sierra Vista!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello fellow Arizonans!

View attachment 206573
Hello Anthony
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound

Ant_Man1120

Rank II

Contributor III

Glendale, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Clutter
Member #

Hi from southwest Phoenix! New to overlanding and off-roading but have really been enjoying it. Looking for suggestions on some good trails to get my feet wet (not literally). I'm excited to get involved in the overland community!

Driving a 2010 VW Touareg TDI!

Welcome! The book "Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails" is a great resource to start. And they post the GPX files for each trail for free download on their website. Definitely a good starting point for you.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi from southwest Phoenix! New to overlanding and off-roading but have really been enjoying it. Looking for suggestions on some good trails to get my feet wet (not literally). I'm excited to get involved in the overland community!

Hello Justin
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Map - Overland Bound
I like to use trailsoffroad.com to find local trails, their rating of the difficulty of trails is spot on.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

Welcome Justin, from Sierra Vista! Definitely need to check out the Mogollon Rim in E. AZ. Head over to Alpine, AZ and head South from there. 9,000+ ft. elevation.
You'll love it!

Reactions: SimplyLesa

Lucas916

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Surprise, AZ
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fregoso
Member #

Alhough it might be a little warm for such a steep climb, the trail itself to Harquahala mountain summit is short. I caught a sunset a few weeks ago and it was amazing.

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
Well that was a long and inexcusable delay, but it is what it is (was what it was?). Either way, priorities re-shifted and I'm able to get back to this little hobby of creating these videos. Hope you enjoy as we continue on our Continental Divide trip.