Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Saturdays ride was amazing thanks to Freak4life (Rich) for being a great trail partner, he made the trip a lot more fun and just safer knowing he was right there with me if anything went wrong. His 4Runner is an amazing rig. We made great time but was not in a hurry just enjoying being out.. The rock wall looks so much bigger and more vertical in person, only damage was a scrape crossmember and dented my fuel tank skid they did there job.

Cant wait for another AZ OB Trip Who wants to do El Camino Del Diablo while its cool ???

IMG_2320.pngIMG_1999.jpegIMG_2319.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

I just made a new thread under Everything Else Southwest, it named AZ OB I figured we might of Hijacked the roll call and a place for us to freely talk with each other. I am really hopping we can grew to a good community we have trails here in AZ from level 1-10.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Saturdays ride was amazing thanks to Freak4life (Rich) for being a great trail partner, he made the trip a lot more fun and just safer knowing he was right there with me if anything went wrong. His 4Runner is an amazing rig. We made great time but was not in a hurry just enjoying being out.. The rock wall looks so much bigger and more vertical in person, only damage was a scrape crossmember and dented my fuel tank skid they did there job.

Cant wait for another AZ OB Trip Who wants to do El Camino Del Diablo while its cool ???

View attachment 176205View attachment 176208View attachment 176209View attachment 176210
Thanks for the kind words Brad. I had a great time and I completely agree, the wall looks huge in person. :)
Let me know when you are making the next run, sounds like fun to me.

ADValex

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Valley of the Sun
First Name
Alex
Last Name
N/A
Whats up AZ people? I'm out in Gilbert. Trying to get out camping a lot more this coming year so I thought I'd sign up for the board.

My rig is a 2013 Nissan xterra that pulls my (mostly) homebrew off road trailer. The trailer is very much a work in progress but its coming along, it currently has a tent mounted on the top and the basket is back on the X. Next up is to weld on new fenders and start on electrical.
20200720_175308_LI.jpg

CopperstateJake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Jakeb
Last Name
Belnap
Member #

Whats up AZ people? I'm out in Gilbert. Trying to get out camping a lot more this coming year so I thought I'd sign up for the board.

My rig is a 2013 Nissan xterra that pulls my (mostly) homebrew off road trailer. The trailer is very much a work in progress but its coming along, it currently has a tent mounted on the top and the basket is back on the X. Next up is to weld on new fenders and start on electrical.
View attachment 181120
Looks like a nice setup!! I am in Mesa. Heading out to Four Peaks this weekend to relax and just get out of town

ADValex

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Valley of the Sun
First Name
Alex
Last Name
N/A

View attachment 181120
Looks like a nice setup!! I am in Mesa. Heading out to Four Peaks this weekend to relax and just get out of town
I didn't realize Four Peaks was open again. I'm gonna be down around Sonoita this weekend woth my future in laws. They're looking at buying property down that way.

Reactions: CopperstateJake

CopperstateJake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Jakeb
Last Name
Belnap
Member #

View attachment 181120
I didn't realize Four Peaks was open again. I'm gonna be down around Sonoita this weekend woth my future in laws. They're looking at buying property down that way.
Four Peaks and the Rolls are open, but the road up to Four Peaks and over the mountain is still closed.

Have fun and enjoy the trip!

Reactions: ADValex

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Nice trailer Four Peaks is open???

I am out East this week in PA enjoying the snow!!!
View attachment 181120

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

View attachment 181120
Welcome from down south in Sierra Vista!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 181120
Welcome from Phoenix.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

View attachment 181120
Really cool rig.

ADValex

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Valley of the Sun
First Name
Alex
Last Name
N/A

View attachment 181120
Really cool rig.
Thanks! Its all coming along. It doesn't look like it but the xterra is running OME suspension all around with about 2" of lift and 285/75r16 Geolandar AT's. Shrockworks rear bumper (wish i got the one with the tire carrier) and sliders.

Reactions: Graeman

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Michael, I am starting my research and I am in the planning stage of building an overland trailer. Would you maybe share some more detailed pictures and your thoughts on your trailer build. The suspension, I see the solar panel, how you put yours together and with what. Thanks Rich