First Name
Ken
Last Name
Follette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Working
Hey all,
I'm in the northwest valley near Surprise. It seems like the majority are in the east valley but I'm always game for a meet up for day trips or an overnight. Still waiting for my RTT to come in though. Happy wheeling!
-TJ
I'm way down South in SV...too, too far away.

Reactions: DaleRF

KenDF

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Follette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Working
Ken, you aren't too far away there are members in your area as well. I live in Tucson, maybe you can start a sub sub group of the Arizona area and have meet ups in your area.
At the moment, I'm an over-the-road driver, but, when I retire...

Reactions: Graeman and DaleRF

KenDF

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Follette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Working
Centerforce Clutches is using my car for R&dD and installing my new Stage II Clutch on my Jeep JLR 2018. Trailrecon stopped by last night at Prescott AZ and took some photos with my Jeep .
Nice!

KenDF

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Follette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Working
I'm currently in Charlotte, NC...but I'm aiming to move back to the Phoenix area at some point in 2020. I'm originally from Los Angeles, but lived in AZ (Queen Creek) from 2006-2012. I loved it other than the summers, but one thing that is drawing me back is I hardly did any camping or exploring while I lived there. And now that I've gotten into overlanding, the urge to move back is too great. I love exploring North Carolina and the surrounding states, and the forests are amazing...but there is nothing like the West when it comes to the outdoors. Hopefully I'll be able to connect with a few of you at the point that i finally move back out to AZ.

Being a full size Silverado...its also pretty tight at times on the trails here in NC, so looking forward to the vast open wilderness out West haha
Nice Full-Size Rig!

KenDF

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Follette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Working
New to AZ, but have been a long time "camp in the back of the truck" guy. Turns out they call it Overlanding. lol. Just came down in NOV from a summer trip to AK. Thought I'd say hello, and it was fun meeting a few folks at the last Gilbert monthly meetup at the BBQ joint. Heading out this weekend with the dog for a little overnight exploration 50 miles N of PHX or so. Happy travels.
Welcome to Arizona!

KenDF

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Follette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Working
I'm not finding a video but here are a couple of pics (I'm not sure now if anyone actually shot any video). The road gave way under him as he was moving through and this is the initial rigging to prevent the situation from potentially getting worse. The final set up involved side winching and the trucks in front pulling via extension line and snatch blocks up on the hill and the rest of us were able to navigate past this point after we got him out.
Thank God for friends!

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Nice Full-Size Rig!
So what you are saying is in NC you couldn't get the AZ desert pinstripes applied and now you want to move here just for that purpose. :tearsofjoy: Check out Tucson before you commit to Phoenix. I lived there for 14 years and now live in Tucson for the past year and I wish that I would have moved here 14 years ago.

Reactions: KenDF

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

So what you are saying is in NC you couldn't get the AZ desert pinstripes applied and now you want to move here just for that purpose. :tearsofjoy: Check out Tucson before you commit to Phoenix. I lived there for 14 years and now live in Tucson for the past year and I wish that I would have moved here 14 years ago.
Haha, I have plenty of pinstripe from here in North Carolina haha. I lived in Queen Creek for 8 years prior to moving to NC.

• Wow
Reactions: Graeman

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
A new video is finally loose.

Yeah! Yeah! Its been a while. We decided to take a break from editing and get some other behind-the-scenes stuff sorted out with our COVID downtime. Well, here we are back on track and hitting it!

Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with the latest disfunction that is Rollin Dirty Overland.

Reactions: freak4life