Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Whetstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Cashman
Member #

Another fantastic place to go is up Mount Graham, Southwest of Safford AZ on Hwy 366.
Camping at 9,000+ ft. is awesome year round, cool weather, cool hiking!
Just did this last weekend . Caught a dozen fish at Riggs lake, enjoyed the cool weather. 58 was the high on top, while it was 98 at the bottom.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Is anyone in AZ heading up to Colorado this summer? We are going up on June 27th and disperse camping on the trails. Staying until July 5th and then running back down the hill to Tucson. This will be my wife's 1st time wheeling/camping in Colorado, should be lot's of crying and praying going on in the passenger seat:tearsofjoy:

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Question for the Kaibab NF - North. Planning on a run up to Hwy 67 and dispersed camping in the national forest there. I see that the North Rim GC is open, but looking to stay in the forest. Anyone have good recommendations for a FR # to head down? I've had some extremely bad experiences with the gnats around Happy Jack in June, so looking for a little higher elevation and farther drive away from Phx.

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Is anyone in AZ heading up to Colorado this summer? We are going up on June 27th and disperse camping on the trails. Staying until July 5th and then running back down the hill to Tucson. This will be my wife's 1st time wheeling/camping in Colorado, should be lot's of crying and praying going on in the passenger seat:tearsofjoy:
We're headed up to RMNP and Estes over 4th week. We'll be stopping in Silverton on the way up and back. We did the Alpine Loop a few years ago - wow that was amazing. My youngest daughter and I drove through Ophir and to the pass a number of years ago, that had some, uh, pretty good exposure, but nothing really challenging driving wise, and the views, just plain stunning.

Reactions: Graeman

Razrrila99

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Comer
Member #

Question for the Kaibab NF - North. Planning on a run up to Hwy 67 and dispersed camping in the national forest there. I see that the North Rim GC is open, but looking to stay in the forest. Anyone have good recommendations for a FR # to head down? I've had some extremely bad experiences with the gnats around Happy Jack in June, so looking for a little higher elevation and farther drive away from Phx.
I think its farm road 422 that heads out towards Point Sublime. Take 67, then about 1/2 to one mile after you pass the country store (on the left as you are heading south) turn right on to 422. About a mile in you should start to see some turn offs. Its quiet and really nice. I was up there last June. Id love to go back.

Drvalley

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fountain Hills, AZ, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Oberg
Member #

We're headed up to RMNP and Estes over 4th week. We'll be stopping in Silverton on the way up and back. We did the Alpine Loop a few years ago - wow that was amazing. My youngest daughter and I drove through Ophir and to the pass a number of years ago, that had some, uh, pretty good exposure, but nothing really challenging driving wise, and the views, just plain stunning.
We are headed up to Big Lake, north of Pagosa Springs in August. Going to off road every day and do the Alpine Loop!

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

We are headed up to Big Lake, north of Pagosa Springs in August. Going to off road every day and do the Alpine Loop!
Wow - that will be a good trip.
This conversation made me do a little lookup - and I guess it has been more than a couple years since I was there. You know, like back when blogging was a thing.
haphazardlycoherent

Ogden88

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Roberg
Member #

New member here, I live on Warner and the 101. Looking to start going out every weekend, going up by Williams this weekend then blue ridge reservoir next weekend. We used to be avid explorers and campers but then careers took over, now we decided forget money let’s start exploring again! Here’s my rig if anyone wants to go explore I’m always looking to meet new like minded people...we need friends lol.

Attachments

Reactions: mmssierra

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New member here, I live on Warner and the 101. Looking to start going out every weekend, going up by Williams this weekend then blue ridge reservoir next weekend. We used to be avid explorers and campers but then careers took over, now we decided forget money let’s start exploring again! Here’s my rig if anyone wants to go explore I’m always looking to meet new like minded people...we need friends lol.
Hello Jacob, I am new here also, looking forward to getting out, nice looking ride. I live in around greenway and 20st my 4r is in the shop but hopefully out soon. Rich

Reactions: Ogden88