Arizona Overlanders

• HTML tutorial

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Just checking how many people got a privete message about the meetup tomorrow night (Thursday 7/25)? Seems there may be some issues with current forum members getting notices. Post up here or PM me if you did or didn't get one.

Thanks.
I do not recall getting any notification about the upcoming Rally Point.

I saw the post here about it and am looking to see if I can make it

Enthusiast I

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
cash
Last Name
martinez
Any upcoming west side meets? We’re in Surprise and it seems like all the meets we stumble upon are in Mesa or Tucson which are almost impossible to get to with our schedules.

Also, any favorite one-nighter trips from the valley? We try to get out every Saturday night and try to go to different places each week!

im in surprise too maybe we should plan a west side meet

Enthusiast I

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
cash
Last Name
martinez
I’d be down! I don’t know of too many west siders, but we could at least throw some feelers out and see how the turnout would be! Just need to pick a location.
Ya that sounds like a plan. I’m thinking Lake Pleasant Regional Park would be a great spot to meet up. We could run castle hot springs road. It’s hot right now but maybe we can just get the ideas rolling

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Im new to Phoenix and live in Gilbert! Im open to any place. I didn't have a place in mind just wanted to get the ball rolling!
We just had a meetup in Gilbert last week. I though you were looking in Phoenix or westside. I have been holding a meet and greet in the east valley for the last 4-5 months. We will have another next month, maybe something sooner.

Watch this thread or the Rally Point for more info. Or shoot me PM.

Todd

Sumpunker

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

South Tucana Lane, Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

The valley is so huge that we should try to organize west valley and east valley meetups.
I didn't know about the meet up in Gilbert! Sucks I missed that! I will keep a lookout for that for sure. Good year isn't far either anything within an hour I feel like is ok. We could always alternate one month East one month West. I have not been on a Overlanding trip since moving out here from Ohio. Ive been wheeling a bunch. Plus I haven't been very active online which I'm trying to change. Looking forward to meeting like minded people and Exploring and learning about the West Coast.

Enthusiast I

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
cash
Last Name
martinez
We just had a meetup in Gilbert last week. I though you were looking in Phoenix or westside. I have been holding a meet and greet in the east valley for the last 4-5 months. We will have another next month, maybe something sooner.

Watch this thread or the Rally Point for more info. Or shoot me PM.

Todd
maybe sometime during a weekend we can all get together for a meetup. I would love to go to your meetup, but i work second shift. so all never be able to go.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I didn't know about the meet up in Gilbert! Sucks I missed that! I will keep a lookout for that for sure. Good year isn't far either anything within an hour I feel like is ok. We could always alternate one month East one month West. I have not been on a Overlanding trip since moving out here from Ohio. Ive been wheeling a bunch. Plus I haven't been very active online which I'm trying to change. Looking forward to meeting like minded people and Exploring and learning about the West Coast.
The first meet up we had some people from the westside and they suggested they would do one month on the westside and we would do the other on the Eastside. I don't know what happened to them so we have just been doing it on the east side. I have been looking for a place more centrally located but haven't found one yet.

What we have noticed is OB has a horrible notification system that they are working on but on the last Rally Point I did 75% of the notices went to inactive people, and a lot of the current active people did not get a notice. The best thing to do is watch this thread or the Rally Point section or at Meetup AZ-Overlanders.

Todd

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
We have held meetups in the REI parking lot, Fuddruckers in Tempe (Plenty of parking and close to the freeway (I-10/Elliot), Fate Brewing in Scottsdale in a dedicated room and a few other places. It is just hard to do in this heat. The REI ones have been fun because some of us have brought our trailers to show and random people have come out to check things out.

There is never a perfect day or time. So we just need to book a few of these and hope people can make it. My personal vote would be to hold off until late September for anything that is outdoors. When I get my September schedule I will try to book something. Maybe a short day run to Bulldog Canyon. That is an easy one and we could plan and find a place to eat afterwards. A free permit is required. Info can be found here: Tonto National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping

Last edited:
Reactions: AZBubs

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

maybe sometime during a weekend we can all get together for a meetup. I would love to go to your meetup, but i work second shift. so all never be able to go.
We have an idea for a Saturday afternoon into the evening meetup. Those that want to camp can. We just need to find a Saturday that works. Might be in a few weeks or later next month.

Todd

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

We have held meetups in the REI parking lot, Fuddruckers in Tempe (Plenty of parking and close to the freeway (I-10/Elliot), Fate Brewing in Scottsdale in a dedicated room and a few other places. It is just hard to do in this heat. The REI ones have been fun because some of us have brought our trailers to show and random people have come out to check things out.

There is never a perfect day or time. So we just need to book a few of these and hope people can make it. My personal vote would be to hold off until late September for anything that is outdoors. When I get my September schedule I will try to book something. Maybe a short day run to Bulldog Canyon. That is an easy one and we could plan and find a place to eat afterwards.
McFates would be ideal but they now have a $250 fee for the room. It will be easier when the temps get a little nicer. So places have party rooms you can use for free but most want 20+ people to use them. We have had 8-16 so far.

Bulldog Canyon is in my backyard and I've only been there once.

Todd