AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
Went up to Black Canyon lake starting last weekend for a couple of days. Got cold enough for hail.

Fishing was good as well, caught 5 total in a day and released 2.

Saw a lot of wild horses. Think they were driven north due to the fire in the Superstitions.

Last edited:

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
Question: Is the Phoenix area kinda dead in OB or do I just not know where to find conversations. Meetups? Trail runs?

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

We have been doing a meet and greets every month for the last 4 months. Very few people show up from OB. We get a few that show up from Meetup.com Arizona Overlanders.

I don’t know if it is because of lack of interest, bad timing for meet ups, or not finding out about the meetups. I have done rally points and posted here for all the meetups.

If you are wanting trail runs you are better off looking for a 4X4 group, Jeep group or something like that. The Overland people that I know that would run a trip don’t want to do day trips. We feel that doing meet and greets are a good place to meet people and then they can plan a trip that fits their likes.

Once the weather breaks there will be a few over night trips setup. If there is interest.

This is the week we usually held our meet up, we weren’t sure if we would be in town this week to hold it, but things have changed and we will be in town. So we will have a meeting greet on Thursday this week. I know it’s last minute but if you can make come out. Will just do the same as last month, I will post a rally point tonight.

Rudy’s BBQ on Higley just south of 60, 6:30.

Todd

theterkwiththesnerk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
Kaylee
Last Name
Jacobell
Member #

Any upcoming west side meets? We’re in Surprise and it seems like all the meets we stumble upon are in Mesa or Tucson which are almost impossible to get to with our schedules.

Also, any favorite one-nighter trips from the valley? We try to get out every Saturday night and try to go to different places each week!

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Any upcoming west side meets? We’re in Surprise and it seems like all the meets we stumble upon are in Mesa or Tucson which are almost impossible to get to with our schedules.

Also, any favorite one-nighter trips from the valley? We try to get out every Saturday night and try to go to different places each week!
I have been looking for a place to meet up a little more central, near Sky Harbor or the 51 but haven’t found anyplace yet. The last few meetups near Bass Pro everyone that showed were from the Far East valley or south.

Todd

theterkwiththesnerk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
Kaylee
Last Name
Jacobell
Member #

I have been looking for a place to meet up a little more central, near Sky Harbor or the 51 but haven’t found anyplace yet. The last few meetups near Bass Pro everyone that showed were from the Far East valley or south.

Todd
I'd try to get to a central meet if you find a place. Bass Pro is about an hour away from me so I understand why it would be mostly east siders going. Definitely a hike depending on the time of day.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Just checking how many people got a privete message about the meetup tomorrow night (Thursday 7/25)? Seems there may be some issues with current forum members getting notices. Post up here or PM me if you did or didn't get one.

Thanks.