Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Hey all,

My lady and I are in AZ till Monday afternoon. We are camping tonight and tomorrow. Hoping to be around Tonto NF. We are crossing into AZ in about 5 minutes! Any help would be greatly appreciated! We just don't know what's good out here!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Glad you guys had a good time and those routes helped. Are you on a long trip or just passing through?

Chase F

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey dudes. Me and a couple guys are doing a Crown King run this Sunday, Mar 4th. I’m extending the invitation to everyone in here.

Meeting at 0730 at these coordinates (33.9518531,-112.3116657)

Should be some snow, and should be pretty fun.

Hope you can make it!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

Hey dudes. Me and a couple guys are doing a Crown King run this Sunday, Mar 4th. I’m extending the invitation to everyone in here.

Hope you can make it!

I'm going to see if I can make it down, cause I've always wanted to do the crown king run. Do y'all use comms when you drive?

Reactions: Chase F

Chase F

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm going to see if I can make it down, cause I've always wanted to do the crown king run. Do y'all use comms when you drive?
Yes. I run CB and those regular walky talky type deals. Most of the rigs will have some sort of comms going.

We should have about 5-6 rigs going, and somewhere in the 15 range who are maybes. Be happy to have you out, man!

Ready up the truck and let me know if you can tag along.

Reactions: TN_4Runner

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

Yes. I run CB and those regular walky talky type deals. Most of the rigs will have some sort of comms going.

We should have about 5-6 rigs going, and somewhere in the 15 range who are maybes. Be happy to have you out, man!

Ready up the truck and let me know if you can tag along.

It looks like I'll be able to make it down!

Reactions: Chase F

d-tail_wagon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hope you can make it!

How was the trail? I was originally planning to run backway to crown king this weekend as well but got busy and didn’t make it. Hoping to get there in the coming weeks.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I just created a Rally Point for the Arizona Convoy to Overland Expo WEST. We are lucky that we don't have as far to drive as others, but I figured if there are others heading up there we might as well try to form a convoy. Pickup spots in Tucson and Phoenix, and if there are other pick-up requests along the I-10 / I-17 corridor just post a comment in the thread and we'll figure it out. We're still a couple months out, but might as well start planning because it'll be time before we know it!

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/arizona-convoy-overland-expo-west/

Reactions: TN_4Runner