Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, Az
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
T
Member #

For those attending the expo, how many days are you planning to camp? Are you staying on the event grounds?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
Hello fellow Arizonians[emoji112]. Gone to expo 3 years now...mainly just to drool. Eventually we will do some classes. We are slow and like to check things out first. I’m a govt employee and I have to put in vacation a year in advance :-/ i missed the weekend it falls on this year. Trying to get those days off so I can go spend money.

Anyways I’m part of a 4runner group on FB. We are planning a trek up the back way to Mt Lemmon and also nearby trails on March 25th. Not sure if anyone would be up to come out and stretch their legs.

Meet up is at Queen Creek Olive mill in....Queen Creek. 8am. Coffee and raid food. then south through Florence.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

AuburninAZ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Buckeye, Arizona
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Family and I will be at expo ...it’ll be our first time...but we are camping in out trailer at a koa in Flag. Leaving after work on Friday. Is the AZ group getting together anywhere? If so post it up.

Reactions: TN_4Runner

Matthew Tirado

Rank II

Member I

Nikiski, Alaska, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Tirado
Member #

Down in Casa Grande, new to Overlanding so no knoledge of AZ trail. I was wondering if anyone has a beginner (very mellow) trail to go camp. My wife is into going with all the kids but I need to ease her into it. So looking for somewhere pretty much accessable by very light trails (fire roadish). Any suggestions?

Reactions: Graeman

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Down in Casa Grande, new to Overlanding so no knoledge of AZ trail. I was wondering if anyone has a beginner (very mellow) trail to go camp. My wife is into going with all the kids but I need to ease her into it. So looking for somewhere pretty much accessable by very light trails (fire roadish). Any suggestions?
Montana Mountain, Bulldog Canyon (requires a permit), Four Peaks, Trail from Punkin Center to Young , Pioneer Pass from Globe to Winkelmann (may habe a few technical sextions) non-technical from Globe South past Pioneer Campground til the top of the mountain. Look at trailsoffroad.com for more suggestions.

Matthew Tirado

Rank II

Member I

Nikiski, Alaska, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Tirado
Member #

Thanks for all those suggestions. Really appreciate it!

Montana Mountain, Bulldog Canyon (requires a permit), Four Peaks, Trail from Punkin Center to Young , Pioneer Pass from Globe to Winkelmann (may habe a few technical sextions) non-technical from Globe South past Pioneer Campground til the top of the mountain. Look at trailsoffroad.com for more suggestions.

SgtMac

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ 85747, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
McGuire
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Ret.
Buy this book http://a.co/e2EOwjh, and an Arizona Atlas and start exploring.