TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Hi guys, I'll be in the Cottonwood, AZ area from feb 13th-whenever!!. Can anyone recommend some trails that I can cut my teeth on? I have a bone stock F250 4x4. I would like to get some practice in and get to know my vehicle. Its not only my DD but it also pulls my house(Full time RVer) so I dont want to get too crazy but I want something that'll be fun. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Hi guys, I'll be in the Cottonwood, AZ area from feb 13th-whenever!!. Can anyone recommend some trails that I can cut my teeth on? I have a bone stock F250 4x4. I would like to get some practice in and get to know my vehicle. Its not only my DD but it also pulls my house(Full time RVer) so I dont want to get too crazy but I want something that'll be fun. Any advice would be appreciated!!
I would take Senator Highway (not a highway) to Crown King for lunch! Then head back out Crown King Road to Bumble Bee and back home. Perfect for your truck. (Recommend airing down a bit)

P.S. Full time RVers here too ;)

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

So I haven't seen a routes section for Arizona and I'd really be interested in a section for downloadable routes (i.e. .kmz and .gpx files). I know there is a ''Download Section'' but it seems to be lacking Arizona trails and it seems a little disorganized... Does anyone have trails mapped out in those files? I'm compiling a trails list/folder on my hard drive and would like to see what you guys have so I can add to it. Here are some of my trails

Attachments

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
So I haven't seen a routes section for Arizona and I'd really be interested in a section for downloadable routes (i.e. .kmz and .gpx files). I know there is a ''Download Section'' but it seems to be lacking Arizona trails and it seems a little disorganized... Does anyone have trails mapped out in those files? I'm compiling a trails list/folder on my hard drive and would like to see what you guys have so I can add to it. Here are some of my trails
Can these files be imported into a Navigation type program? Like Gaia or Map.me?

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Can these files be imported into a Navigation type program? Like Gaia or Map.me?
Yes they can. I use MotionX-HD and it uses .gpx files. Kmz is typically google earth. I’m not sure what Gaia uses but you can use gpsconverter to change the file [emoji869]

Last edited:

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

So I added more trails: Hassayampa/Box Canyon, Sheep Bridge Hot Springs (2+ hr drive), Senators Highway and Backway to Crown King

Last edited:
Reactions: Chase F

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
So I added more trails: Hassayampa/Box Canyon, Sheep Bridge Hot Springs (2+ hr drive), Senators Highway and Backway to Crown King
Yeah I was able to get them to run on Gaia and GPX Viewer. Those first set of trails are real close to where we're staying in Cottonwood. As soon as I get home from work on the 12th I'm gonna hit a couple. We're only gonna be in that area for a couple days before hittin the road again but thanks for the help.

Reactions: TN_4Runner

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Yeah I was able to get them to run on Gaia and GPX Viewer. Those first set of trails are real close to where we're staying in Cottonwood. As soon as I get home from work on the 12th I'm gonna hit a couple. We're only gonna be in that area for a couple days before hittin the road again but thanks for the help.
Awesome! Glad they worked for you. Hope you have a good time. Just a heads up but if you aren’t wanting to go down the Devils Staircase then you’ll have to turn around and go back on the loop you took.

Chase F

Rank 0

Traveler I

Just checking in. I’ve been absent for a few weeks. While I’ve been gone I snagged myself a 94 YJ Wrangler strictly for off road. Anyhow, those new Surprise guys in here—I’m on Cotton and Greenway if you ever need I trail buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

Hey, I'm up in flagstaff, and new to this thread, but I'm so glad I found it. I have a '13 Silverado that I've been working on. I am planning a trip out to the rim just north of Sedona (end of the world area) I was going to try and make it out more to the west, a little further from the 89. Is it any good out west, or should I stay east?

Chase F

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey, I'm up in flagstaff, and new to this thread, but I'm so glad I found it. I have a '13 Silverado that I've been working on. I am planning a trip out to the rim just north of Sedona (end of the world area) I was going to try and make it out more to the west, a little further from the 89. Is it any good out west, or should I stay east?
The more west, the more secluded but also the view of Sedona kind of deteriorates. There is a great finger you can camp on that is used for helicopter landings during fires and S&R that is far west of the allocated “end of the world” camp sites. A bit exposed but it’s worth it. Only problem is that you are in visual distance to the actual campsites at “end of the world” and can see camp fires and hear faint party noise if it’s that time of year. Look on google earth right where the area starts to bend southward and you’ll notice it. I’ll try to get a picture up.

Surprise, AZ
2011 Ram 1500
Insta: Chase_Frazee

Chase F

Rank 0

Traveler I

IMG_1971.jpg

Surprise, AZ
2011 Ram 1500

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

The more west, the more secluded but also the view of Sedona kind of deteriorates. There is a great finger you can camp on that is used for helicopter landings during fires and S&R that is far west of the allocated “end of the world” camp sites. A bit exposed but it’s worth it. Only problem is that you are in visual distance to the actual campsites at “end of the world” and can see camp fires and hear faint party noise if it’s that time of year. Look on google earth right where the area starts to bend southward and you’ll notice it. I’ll try to get a picture up.

Surprise, AZ
2011 Ram 1500
Awesome thanks for the advise!

Reactions: Chase F

OutThere16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, Az
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
T
Member #

Hello, making my rounds through the forums and spotted this one. I currently reside in Gilbert, Higley/60 area. I drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler (stock). New to overlanding and off-roading (at least in my personal car). Looking to learn new things and explore new areas!

MtnManT4R

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey all,

My lady and I are in AZ till Monday afternoon. We are camping tonight and tomorrow. Hoping to be around Tonto NF. We are crossing into AZ in about 5 minutes! Any help would be greatly appreciated! We just don't know what's good out here!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk