Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Unfortunately, I'm confined to overlanding on the weekends. I'm an 8 to 5 M-F stiff, which means crowded trails for me. [emoji45]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I'm also a weekend guy but I know quite a few trails around if you're interested in hooking up to go out on some trail runs on some weekends I might know some that might not be so crowded let me know. I also like to go on night runs on the weekends, less wear and tear on the vehicle with cooler temperatures at night.

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

I'm also a weekend guy but I know quite a few trails around if you're interested in hooking up to go out on some trail runs on some weekends I might know some that might not be so crowded let me know. I also like to go on night runs on the weekends, less wear and tear on the vehicle with cooler temperatures at night.
Sounds great! I'm driving from Michigan with my son and our dog, making a couple stops in Ouray, Moab, and Monument Valley, then arriving in Mesa on August 1st. After we get settled a bit, we'll be ready to hit some trails!

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Sounds great! I'm driving from Michigan with my son and our dog, making a couple stops in Ouray, Moab, and Monument Valley, then arriving in Mesa on August 1st. After we get settled a bit, we'll be ready to hit some trails!

ok I'm in the process of installing front and rear bumper, I'm installing my warn winch today , for my trip to zion Labor Day weekend. Have a safe drive , looking forward to showing you some trails. And four peaks area . This state is like no other.

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Ron Clark- You still going to run up to Crown King Friday 28 noon? Anyone else going? You taking the Ex? Last one, are you going up and back on the "Back Way" I know a lot of Damn Questions! I took Castle Hot Springs Rd yesterday when the storm cam in it was awesome! I hate being in the river bottom but I love it out there during Monsoon season.

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Actually ran it last Friday the 21st. But with so many wanting to run it we can do it again the end of the week. I can not do an overnight right now. The wife is having surgery today over at Mayo so I don't want to be gone overnight for a few weeks. It is a minor surgery so being gone 5-10 hours is no big deal.

Freedom Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waddell,AZ
Member #

When you get to CK keep going up to Horse Thief Lake to camp over night. It's only like 6 or so miles more of off road and worth it. Much nicer than camping around CK. And if you don't want to use the sites by the lake there some primitive ones just a mile or so past the lake towards the summit. And if your lucky the gate to Horse Thief Rd at the summit will be open and will take you back down to the NE corner of Lake Pleasant. Which is very rarely used so use caution. Good fishing at the lake. It's kinda of a secret lake even tho its on the maps.
Horse Thief lake and the fire lookout is an awesome little trek after CK.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: jeepdaze

jcott329

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, MS
Member #

Who would be interested in staying overnight at Horsethief Lake Thursday - Friday and then driving the rest of the way up to Prescott VIA Senator Highway or something like that?

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

So the CK run will be Thursday the 27th. We will be meeting at my place at 10, hitting the road no later then 1030. We will be at the trail head to air down at 11ish. The trail head is 33°54.642N 112°19.472W. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to meet up at my place.

I was also thinking that if anyone wants to go but does not have a high clearance vehicle, you can still get the experience. You can leave vehicles at my place and you can ride with someone. I know that I have 6 open seats. LOL