Anyone been to Daniel Boone National Forest?

• HTML tutorial

DiegoDA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cody, WY, USA
Member #

Hey guys,
Planning a trip to Daniel Boone National Forest and wanted to see who has been out there?

still relatively stock so nothing crazy but might just consider parking and hiking to the dispersed camp sites.

any advice is appreciated.

SwampThing

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Monticello, Ia
Member #

First, Thank you for your service. The family and I went through there this summer. It was ok. I'd recommend hiking on some trails perhaps gong a little further south to Windrock Park to do some off roadin. Get a map from each states visitors website. They have awesome county parks marked that are not over populated, if you are looking to just get out and do some off the beaten path exploring.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using OB Talk mobile app

cb919er

Rank 0

Contributor I

Windrock is a good place but it's private property, you'll have to get a land use permit from the office before you can venture onto the property. If you don't mind venturing into the East TN area check this page out... www.ironjeep.com. Can definitely help you find some cool places around. I've used it as a resource several times and I'm still exploring some of the trails on the page!

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

If you don't mind venturing into the East TN area check this page out... www.ironjeep.com. Can definitely help you find some cool places around. I've used it as a resource several times and I'm still exploring some of the trails on the page!
Nice link, I'll definitely be working my way through some of those.

DiegoDA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cody, WY, USA
Member #

Windrock is a good place but it's private property, you'll have to get a land use permit from the office before you can venture onto the property. If you don't mind venturing into the East TN area check this page out... www.ironjeep.com. Can definitely help you find some cool places around. I've used it as a resource several times and I'm still exploring some of the trails on the page!
Alright I'll take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TheDirty120

Rank I

Contributor III

I have done some backcounrty camping in the forest and learned I like overlanding in my vehicle much better, its so nice for food and things like cooking and just carrying all your gear. I would like to do my first overlanding trip there this year and was planning on doing it solo. Does anyone have any plans to go anytime soon? I would like to go in the next moth or two to get the season started.