Anybody from Maryland?

• HTML tutorial

Ditch

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Park, Pennsylvania
Member #

Hey, another Marylander here! I’m not far from Annapolis and new to OB. I’m heading to the Shenandoah NP area the second weekend in June (8-10). Reserved a PATC cabin near Swift Run Gap for Fri/Sat nights. Note that it’s a primitive cabin. Not sure about the road in - it may be passable, may be hike only. There’s room for me plus 8. Hit me up if you’re interested .
Sent from my iPhone using

That's a very nice offer. Wish I could get there but out of town responsibilities call. Ugh. Make that double UGH.

LuckyDeuce

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Severn, MD
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Tay
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA3CM
Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone! I'm moving to MD in the next couple of weeks and looking for a group to join and hoping to find some interesting areas to explore. I'll be in the Severn, MD area.

Reactions: RayRay04

RayRay04

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chestertown, Maryland, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Going up to AOAA next Saturday with members and friends of JeepsRus club. It's a mild park but fun to get out and use our rigs. You are welcome to join us. I live outside Gettysburg. I am leaving my house at 6am Saturday.
Man I love Gettysburg. Among other things, I think that the sunrises at Gettysburg are second to none.

Reactions: Ditch

11B overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Maryland/WV
First Name
Josh
Last Name
W
Member #

Pasadena, MD here. Looking to hit eastern, wv in mid to late June. Would love to have a few of you join. Have a route planned already. Let me know, a bunch of us could meet up and checkout our vehicles one day.

XJ John

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

For southern marylanders....
I'm planning on attending Buds Creek event coming up on the 16. If interested we could have a meetup somewhere there. Let me know

Daniyal Syed

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Please see responses below, sorry have'nt been online here in some time...

I'm from Lexington Park in southern Maryland. If any of you are headed to Assateague Island, let me know. I have never been in that area of Maryland before and would like to explore that area. I also need some answers to questions that I can't seem to find on the internet about that place.

1. Is there overnight camping allowed on the OSV area? They do not allow overnight on the OSV area, you can check their but as long as you are not sleeping over night you can stay over night :)
2. Are camp fires allowed on the beach? Are fire rings provided on the beach? Yes and No fire rings provided
3. How strict are they about bringing in firewood from outside the area. Can I bring firewood with me from my home here in Southern Maryland? fairly strict, you have to buy from them
4. How bad are the horses? Will they just go through your camp and destroy it?
not too bad, the horses are used to people around them, I always assume I am walking into their home so try to stay out of their way and knock on wood no issues

have fun whenver you decide to visit, in my opinion one of the best places in MD

Reactions: Al_Maryland

Dave Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Hey, another Marylander here! I’m not far from Annapolis and new to OB. I’m heading to the Shenandoah NP area the second weekend in June (8-10). Reserved a PATC cabin near Swift Run Gap for Fri/Sat nights. Note that it’s a primitive cabin. Not sure about the road in - it may be passable, may be hike only. There’s room for me plus 8. Hit me up if you’re interested .

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I live in huntingtown about 45 min south of Annapolis .

Reactions: Sid

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Hi Dave,

We’ll have to coordinate a Maryland meet and greet in the future, as there seem to be a good number of us. I’m leaving in a few days for two weeks of camping and hiking in California and Oregon. I’ll touch base when I return, hopefully with good pics!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Chon K3DHS

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montgomery Village, MD
First Name
Chon
Last Name
Gann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3DHS
ALL,

Especially the Maryland folks that like the beach, check our Bear Wrangler's posting of the August 25 Rally
at Assateague. It is in the East section of Rally Points. This is a great way to close out the summer and meet some of us that have been planning to get together for some time. I would love to see more Maryland folks plan, organize and get out to places in the greater DMV, WV, PA areas together. hope to see you guys on the beach.

Reactions: Ditch

md_overlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia, Maryland
Member #

ALL,

Especially the Maryland folks that like the beach, check our Bear Wrangler's posting of the August 25 Rally
at Assateague. It is in the East section of Rally Points. This is a great way to close out the summer and meet some of us that have been planning to get together for some time. I would love to see more Maryland folks plan, organize and get out to places in the greater DMV, WV, PA areas together. hope to see you guys on the beach.
FYI for anyone interested, OCPD will be out in force that week, as it's Ocean City Jeep Week. If you have illegal mods on your rig according to Maryland law, expect to get stopped and hassled by OCPD. IMHO, it's not worth the hassle going down there during these event weeks around OC.

Bearmanpig

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

White Marsh, MD, USA
Member #

Hey everyone! New member here in Baltimore, MD. Where does everyone go around here? Been hearing a lot about Assateague and heading down to George Washington Forest.