Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Registration for the June trip is up on the website. Hit the link below.

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC

Darn, gonna have to miss that one too. I work that weekend.

icestorm

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Richmond, MI, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Do you have any July or other Summer trips planned? New to the group would love to meet up with some fellow Michiganders.

What type of routes do you typically run? I’m still building out my rig. Running a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek with a lift and ko2s but haven’t done much beyond that to it yet.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Do you have any July or other Summer trips planned? New to the group would love to meet up with some fellow Michiganders.

What type of routes do you typically run? I’m still building out my rig. Running a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek with a lift and ko2s but haven’t done much beyond that to it yet.
We will have something probably in August next. Gonna take some down time in July most likely. Most trips are in and around Manistee, for now.

We do pretty easy stuff, nothing crazy. We don't get into any rock crawling, serious mud, or any situations where you will break things or get too stuck.

You should be good with a Subaru. We've had a few of them tag along. Shoot me a message of you have any more questions or want to chat. We also run a closed Facebook group, of you hadn't already joined.

icestorm

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Richmond, MI, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Miller
Member #

We will have something probably in August next. Gonna take some down time in July most likely. Most trips are in and around Manistee, for now.

We do pretty easy stuff, nothing crazy. We don't get into any rock crawling, serious mud, or any situations where you will break things or get too stuck.

You should be good with a Subaru. We've had a few of them tag along. Shoot me a message of you have any more questions or want to chat. We also run a closed Facebook group, of you hadn't already joined.
Awesome sounds exciting. I’m on the Facebook group already. I’ll keep an eye out for August then and see if I can sneak in a weekend away.

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

How much do you cut back on the trails as you go through? I don't mind the little wispy leaf stuff, etc. Just don't want to be removing paint. I usually get out and cut stuff back.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

How much do you cut back on the trails as you go through? I don't mind the little wispy leaf stuff, etc. Just don't want to be removing paint. I usually get out and cut stuff back.
Nothing usually unless it's a full on blockage. Although I'm not opposed to it.

Reactions: jimbofoxman

Joel S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8OJK
Sorry for the late post! here are a couple of pictures from the trip! just ask if you use them, tag me (@texridesbikes) for photo cred.

Attachments

Reactions: Tinker

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Does anyone have coordinates for a good camping spot near a river or lake in Huron Manistee? Baldwin or south would be best but I could go a bit further north.

Thanks!
Ryan

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Surviving. Haven't done anything since June. Looking forward to the fall.

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Glad to see everyone back home is doing good.
I am originally from Dexter but living in northern Idaho now.
Bill 9810

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
I wanted to but it's conflicting with work this year too much and I couldn't get the time off. Maybe next year.

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Doing good. Did a trip to Drummond island a few weeks ago, now planning a 3 week trip to Utah next April.. How you doing?
Busy with life. Wife got a new job that's basically all weekends and truck is being questionable. These both put a halt to most of my planned activities.

Drummond is on my long list of to-dos. Maybe next year.

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
I would love to do drummond. I just got a compact car for my daily stuff so the truck can now be a full time adventure rig / part time really bad winter weather vehicle.