Any Fellow Michigander?

• HTML tutorial

Dom

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Michigan
Member #

Does anyone know good camping spots along Lake Michigan in the lower peninsula. I’m looking for something like a beach or right next to a beach. Anywhere that isn’t a Walmart parking lot.

Reactions: DirtyPenguins

Rekhan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Does anyone know good camping spots along Lake Michigan in the lower peninsula. I’m looking for something like a beach or right next to a beach. Anywhere that isn’t a Walmart parking lot.
DH Day in Leelanau is about as close as you're going to get. Rustic sites are closest to the beach. One of my favorite spots to get away for a night or two.

Reactions: DirtyPenguins

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I'm working on getting the routes pages up and running this weekend. So far, I have a rough idea of layout for each map I currently have or any that get submitted. Is there any other data that should be included on these pages? Currently I am thinking just whatever info Gaia provides plus any additional way points that are on the maps (i.e. food, gas, stations, etc.).

Attachments

DirtyPenguins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Lansing, MI, USA
Member #

Pulled the trigger and joined this awesome community of people with the same mindset as I do. To get out and be with nature and explore our world around us.
With that said, I'm at the moment in good ole Lansing. Hope there will be a meet up in the spring or early summer. Can't wait

Reactions: Tinker and RyanC

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Poll - Who would be interested in a weekend meetup in mid may? let me know, I'll see about getting an event started.
I've got the first weekend in May pencilled in for a trip to Manistee but I'm flexible.

Joel S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8OJK
I was thinking south of traverse city, or around the silver dunes, but i'm open to ideas.

DirtyPenguins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Lansing, MI, USA
Member #

I also been looking at a sequoia for more of a family rig, but idk or maybe a newer tundra but with a crew cab. Atm I have a 2000 tundra sr5 limited extend cab

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Hey gang! It's been a hectic March and I've been meaning to post this up. We are having our first "official" Meetup/weekend trip/test run for things event in early May (3-6). We are running a registration because there has been a bit of interest from various sources. Link is below.

Reactions: Tinker and Joel S

Joel S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8OJK
Hey gang! It's been a hectic March and I've been meaning to post this up. We are having our first "official" Meetup/weekend trip/test run for things event in early May (3-6). We are running a registration because there has been a bit of interest from various sources. Link is below.

Any update of the meetup?

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Yes updates, kinda. We're still on track for first weekend in May. There won't be any planned route, just an idea of one. Well probably meet up in Cadillac Friday and start the figure 8. Well get through as much as we can before Sunday. Screenshot_20190408-142701_Maps.jpeg

Reactions: Tinker