Any Fellow Michigander?

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

just want to let you Yoopers know that you have an awesome area in which to explore.. My wife and I finished our trip up there last Thursday. We spent the previous week exploring Picture Rocks, Copper Harbor, Mt Arvon, Porcupine Mts, Baraga Plains, Houghton, and many places in between.. Of course not in that order..lol.. You have a wonderful gem.. We came up from sw NY.. "Met" another MI overlander on I-75 construction back up.. Nick Zembrzuski.. Not sure of your user name here in the group.. It would've been cool to ride along for a time on our different routes.. Maybe next time..Take care all.. Hope to come UP again soon.. When we do, we're planning on Drummond Island.. Or drag the camper and stay around the Copper Harbor area for a few days.. Until then..

Reactions: Fleamac

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Darn, I'm not sure I'll be able to make time this year. Hopefully next year won't be so screwed up it makes it hard to figure out if things will be open or not. I am looking for Southern Peninsula activities for the fall though. I'm itching to get out and camp.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Anyone heading up to KOAR this September?
It's on my list of things to do, probably not this year but hopefully, next year after I have some time under my belt and my rig is set up a little more. I watched a video from 2 years ago and was sold instantly on it.

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Waterford Township, MI, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

Heading to Kalkaska area this weekend for the annual Iceman bike race to support a couple friends and make a weekend of exploring out of it. Figured I would drop a line and see if anyone was going to be around or had the freedom to make a last minute plan. I have a bunch of potential sites picked out and mapped for camp setup, should be able to make something work. It will be my first solo and below freezing overnight event. If anyone is around there and wants to meet up or team up for some trail riding, drop me a line here.

Rattler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay City, MI
Heading to Kalkaska area this weekend for the annual Iceman bike race to support a couple friends and make a weekend of exploring out of it. Figured I would drop a line and see if anyone was going to be around or had the freedom to make a last minute plan. I have a bunch of potential sites picked out and mapped for camp setup, should be able to make something work. It will be my first solo and below freezing overnight event. If anyone is around there and wants to meet up or team up for some trail riding, drop me a line here.
I did a trail ride a couple weeks ago with several from Michigan 4Runners group on FB. I can't recall if Andy (he had the 1st gen Toyota pickup on Truck Night In America a couple years ago)is on here but he put it together and knows the Traverse City area. Although not Kalkaska, it wasn't all that far where we went. He had a ONX or GAIA file for the trail we took. It had a lot of neat camping spots. Especially along the Manistee River.

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Waterford Township, MI, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

I did a trail ride a couple weeks ago with several from Michigan 4Runners group on FB. I can't recall if Andy (he had the 1st gen Toyota pickup on Truck Night In America a couple years ago)is on here but he put it together and knows the Traverse City area. Although not Kalkaska, it wasn't all that far where we went. He had a ONX or GAIA file for the trail we took. It had a lot of neat camping spots. Especially along the Manistee River.
Sounds like fun! How technical/difficult was it? How many days/nights?