Aloha Trail Kitty Rig (2011 Jeep Wrangler/JKU)

• HTML tutorial

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

Then to help make our move from Washington To California easier/able to take our livelihood and camping gear with us a roof rack was in store for our future. Took me about 2 weeks to make, wish I had more time to plan it out, and think about every aspect of what was needed and what would work but we were on a serious time crunch so time was of the essence. I designed the roof rack to be removeable so that we could either have the hardtop on or off and still make use of the roof rack and the forward facing LED light bar.

Attachments

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

So after our 10 day journey to California and all the extra weight over everything we carry including the roofrack we noticed the sag on the rear of the jeep was considerable! lol like bad lol. So after some deliberation the wife and I decided on the Teraflex Falcon 3.1 piggyback shocks simply because of just wow! talk about an amazing product and because it was originally designed for the JK. We went with the Teraflex Outback springs because of their linear load is 300kg vice the 150kg of the regular aftermarket springs which is perfect for our use. Rear coil correction plates to help with the rear springs bowing due to higher lifts cause the rear axle to be out of caster alignment. Upgraded the front track bar with a Teraflex monster adjustable track bar, Synergy Heavy Duty Drag Link, Falcon Nexus 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, Extended ORW Brake Lines, Front Sway Bar Quick Disconnect, Front Brake Line Anchor. Gave ATK an old school front end alignment till we got a full caster alignment from ORW.

Attachments

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

So instead of spending a decent amount of money for a DashBar setup for mounts, figured I'd make one instead! Saving that money for 67designs mounts instead lol.

Attachments

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

These are from before we left Washington State, only made the front driver side fender and never got around to finishing up the rest due to the move/making the roof rack. Now that we are finally legit settled in here in California due to trying to conserve weight the wife and I agreed to re-do the fender in Aluminum and actually finish the other 3 lol. Granted the reason I designed the fender was to be able to take a beating with it being welded to the frame to ensure no damage to the body. The aluminum will be the same just bolted to the frame, we will just have to be a little more careful not to seriously rock them on stuff but some is fine! :) Tried to also keep it street legal and installed the original side running light in the tubing but I think I am going to change some design features of the fender. Just a testament to how sturdy the fender is, I use it as a step to get on the roof and it doesn't flex or budge a bit and I weigh over 200lbs.

Attachments